Author Topic: Thanksgiving Dinner  (Read 4010 times)

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
Thanksgiving Dinner
« on: November 23, 2010, 07:50:13 pm »
So what's on the menu at your house?
The normal menu or a special family tradition?
We are pretty traditional, but like to add new dishes every year to spice it up. Some blackened deer roast, chipotle sweet potatoes, chipotle rubbed turkey, pumkin cheese cake.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Thanksgiving Dinner
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 09:27:44 pm »
 Probably venison, or Vienna Sausages? I'm going hunting. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline NTD

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 09:34:06 pm »
Turkey, cornbread stuffing, Ham, Taters and gravy, Cream cheese veggies, my wifes homemade Cranberry Sauce.  Dessert is triple layer pumpkin spice pie and sweet potato pie.  Pretty traditional but my stomach is growling just thinking about it.  I was supposed to kill the turkey for the dinner this year but that was an epic fail....
Nate Danforth

Offline nugget

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 09:38:21 pm »
All sounds good so far except the vienna sausage. (Lips and bung holes Not so good)
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 11:29:28 pm »
Ahhh,, but I will be hunting in SC, Thursday morning. :) Sanity Maintenance.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 12:14:01 am »
Been ridding the new place of nut eating monsters (Gray squirrels) the last week. We just bought the place in september,have mature hazelnut,english walnut,black walnut, trees, and not a single nut made it to maturity. Have shot 8 of them and more to go. I have six big,fat females ready to cook. I am thinking of adding them to the feast. I think I will roast them with root vegetables and herbs.  Can't wait to see my five sisters faces. I fed them road killed turkey last summer and the retching when I told them was beautiful to hear. I love eating them squirrels, but they have'nt been exposed yet. I'll cook a prime rib and a small turkey and some deer steaks on the Bar-B. (We have a 4 -day thanksgiving this year).  New apple pie recipe this year also,(best I've ever had). Hope all have great holiday  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline cracker

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 12:58:52 am »
Grilled ribeyes ,baked taters, tossed sallad and iced tea oh and homemade adult beverages after the feast.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 07:58:22 am »
Going out in a few minutes to see if I can net up some mullet,so some smoked mullet and gizzards,lots of brocoli from the garden for a brocoli casarole,sweet taters and what ever the rest of the family drag in.
Bone pile
Venice Florida

Offline nugget

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 08:46:27 am »
Wow I am ready to came and sample some good eats

Offline BearG

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 09:56:05 am »
Deepfryed turkey, collard greens, mashed taters w/gravy, stuffing, green bean casarole, pasta salad, punkin and pecan pie.
and what ever else company brings.  Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 11:39:37 am »
I'm smoking a turkey for the first time this year.  Smoking it on a green egg with apple wood.  Not sure what all the wife has planned, but I do know it includes homemade cranberry sauce.  For those of you doing turkey, make sure to get the turkey wing bones to make calls   ;)
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline lowell

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 07:36:27 pm »
Going to the daughter's for a traditional meal.. ... she cooks a turkey in the oven and her husband deep frys a turkey. 

Just to shake things up a bit I take hot wings for starters!! >:D
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline jeff halfrack

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 11:19:06 pm »
  GEEEZZZZEEE!!!!   I  think if  all of  that  was  on  a  buffet,  you  could get $50.00 a  plate!!!!!  man you  guys  know  how  to  put on  a  spread!!!!!!!   JEFFW

Offline nugget

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 11:43:42 pm »
thats right

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 12:01:27 am »
Just Marcia and I this year and I'll be doing most of the cooking. We usually just get a turkey breast that Ill brine it in the morning and start cooking about 3pm or 4. We'll have mashed potatoes and gravy, cornbread dressing, roasted asparigus, a salad with homegrown lettace and pumpkin and maybe pecan pie. The best part is the turkey sandwiches later.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC