Author Topic: Take down bow limb forms - trade for staves  (Read 2839 times)

Offline kiltedcelt

Take down bow limb forms - trade for staves
« on: November 24, 2010, 09:24:38 pm »
I recently dabbled in a bit of f*%^rgl#ss work with some takedown longbows and recurves. I built two forms using the plans from Bingham projects - one is for their take down recurve and the other is for a "pronounced" take down longbow - basically a r/d t/d longbow. You can do some amazing stuff with that f/g stuff but it's just not for me. If someone is interested in trading I'm interested in just about any kind of bow wood in stave form. I'm partial to white woods but reasonably straight osage (is there such a thing?!) would be welcome too. I'd dearly love to get my hands a yew stave but I know that's unlikely. If someone has yew, I'd also throw in the limb bolt hole drilling gauge. I'll include the plans/instructions as well as an airhose with plug ends. The forms are completely flat and have been fully trued using a router with a pattern following bit along with being covered with plastic strips to give an absolutely flat perfect surface for your glue up. All told, I've probably got well over $100 in the forms, probably about $170 if you add in the air hose and the bolt hole drilling jig. I know most guys on here only do wood but I also know a lot of guys like to play on both sides of the fence. Heck, you could probably even use these forms to make all wood take down limbs like what James Parker from Huntworthy Productions does. So, anyone interested?

Offline Thwackaddict

Re: Take down bow limb forms - trade for staves
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 02:55:08 am »
P.M. Sent
Hello everyone.My name is Randy and I am addicted to THWACK!!

Southwest,VA