Author Topic: Prayers for my father  (Read 5455 times)

Offline NTD

Re: Prayers for my father
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 11:58:58 pm »
I'm headed home to Maine, haven't been back in over 6 years.  We'll be leaving Monday morning.  All my family is up there Keenan, It's just me, my wife, and baby down here in AZ.
Nate Danforth

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2010, 12:19:39 am »
Have a safe trip, Nate. Y'all are in our thoughts!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline stickbender

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2010, 01:22:34 am »

Prayers sent.

Wayne

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 08:38:10 am »
Just found this Thread Nate...I know how it feels to be so far from Loved Ones...and then have health problems strike...all my Family is in Upper Michigan...and My Wife and I are the only ones away from Home also...when my Dad had all of His Cancer Problems...the Distance seemed all the Larger...My Hopes and Prayers to You and Yours....God Bless.
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Keenan

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 11:48:02 am »
 You all will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Offline NTD

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 12:01:58 pm »
Thanks again guys.

Mike, I have been seriously thinking of moving back home.  The time away has served it's purpose but I think Mackenzie deserves to be around her grandparents, aunts and uncles and such.  Maine job markets are horrible in a good economy though...So we'll see.
Nate Danforth

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2010, 03:07:10 pm »
Sorry to hear this Nate. I hope you get to have a good visit with your family in spite of concerns for your dads health.

Moving or not is a hard decision to make. I can appreciate your wanting Mackenzie to know her family. My dad died when I was a teenager and my mom died when my kids were very young. My kids never really got to know either of them.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2010, 03:18:33 pm »
Nate all of my Kids were raised away from all of their relatives...they got to see them for a week or two almost every year that they were growing Up...but this last Summer We ( both our Sons and my Wife) spent 3 1/2 weeks up in Upper Michigan with Family...first time in 6 years all together....and I think that they got to know their relatives better in this period ...than in all of the other visits combined....If I had to do it all over again....I would never have put myself into a position where I was forced to leave Home...Family is more important than any Material Thing you can work for and Purchase...this is my honest opinion...Have a Good visit...and we will all keep You and Your Family in Our Thoughts
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline NTD

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2010, 11:23:18 pm »
Thanks guys.  I appreciate your thoughts on raising Mackenzie away from "home".  If I can find a job with health insurance then we may very well make the move.  A lot of things would have to come together to make it possible but I have to admit I have my own selfish motives to go home.  I miss it too ;)  My priority while I'm there is quality time with my Dad but I think I might pound the pavement a bit and see if I can't make some connections at least.

Thanks again guys.  I'm off to bed, got an awfully early morning drive to the airport.
Nate Danforth

Offline stickbender

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2010, 12:07:24 am »

Nate I pray all will work out for you, and you can have a great Christmas with your Family, and especially your Dad!  And have a Lobstah for me! ;) ;D

Wayne

HatchA

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2010, 10:40:01 am »
Wishing you all the best in everything you mentioned in the thread, man.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2010, 11:14:05 am »
Nate, there are worse things than living away from family. I have seen a lot of people that rely to much on family and never learn to rely on their spouse and appreciate all that they do for them. My sister in law would rather talk to her sisters and mother than talk to her husband. Being able to run home to easy can sure cause some problems.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2010, 03:37:46 pm »
Nate, hope all goes well for you, your family and especially your dad!
Best wishes sent...
Frank from Germany...