Author Topic: Finally figured it out  (Read 11943 times)

Offline mamba

Finally figured it out
« on: May 05, 2007, 12:03:16 pm »
I've been strugling with my shooting for quite awhile now(years).I for the most part have always sighted down my arrow while drawing back.I believe my short draw problems resulted from this.If I reach anchor my sight picture changes(no comprehension)-resulting in half hazard shooting.
Last night I told myself(no one else listens)that what good is an anchor if I can't put the arrow where I want.Once upon atime I had an anchor and shot pretty fairly,and then something hit me.It took me all this time to figure this out.
It was the night I came home a little tipsy with the scent of a women.I was innocent but it didn't stop that cast iron frying pan from smashing my cheek bone or the door from breaking my thumb as I TRIED TO ESCAPE.
So last night I tried shooting 3finger under.A MIRACLE,my thumb no longer bumped into my enlarged bone structure in my face.I was finally hitting what I was aiming at once again.
Thank you honey with all my heart for helping me with my shooting,for ever yours Ray.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray/NY

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Finally figured it out
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 12:35:05 am »
  Ray,I've seen what you look like,it sure was your lucky night. ;) But you are not the first person I heard that 3 fingers under helped their shooting.I tried and just can't get used to it.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 07:11:47 pm »
Ok Ray! Now try it with self nocks on your arrows.  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 05:37:45 am »
Mamba can I rent her for a day ;DMy shootins none too good!

As fer my looks it couldn't hurt em much :o

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

MattE

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 10:55:11 am »
D Tiller ,I know where you are coming from with your last statement. I want to see it too! :) There is a good reason people that depended on the bow for their livelyhood shot split fingers.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 03:42:05 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 05:18:58 pm »
I think I'll pass on that particular "cure". ;D

I'll continue shooting some with my eyes closed to work on my target panic flinching problem. I have been doing much better lately though... ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...