Author Topic: Tenn Classic  (Read 42434 times)

Offline RidgeRunner

Re: Tenn Classic
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2007, 03:17:59 pm »
Just want to let everyone know that my son Forrest and I made it home OK.  We were home by 3:15 Sunday afternoon.
We left Pappy's farm at 12:00 noon so it is not all that far up there. ;D  Yea that means I can go back more often.

We both had a blast.  It was great to meet all of you folks and put faces to names.  I must say I learned a whole lot about making quality all wood bows.  The plan is to put some it to use real soon.

Pappy, GergB and the rest of the Twin Oaks Folks sure put on a first class event.
I will also say that the folks there proved them selves to be of very high character.

David

David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2007, 06:36:08 pm »
I will also say that the folks there proved them selves to be of very high character.

David, so what you're trying to say is... all us Twin Oaks folks proved ourselves to be a bunch of characters! ;D

Glad you had a good time with us characters, hope you come back to visit us characters soon! ;)

Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2007, 07:49:27 pm »
Greg:

We were all a bunch of charactres!!!! ;D
But, that is not what I am saying.  You Twin Oaks folks and ALL of your guest are top notch people.
I have to return to Nashville on the 21st for another week of training due to work.  I will talk to Pappy and see if I can drive up for another visit then.  If not, I definitely plan to attend the 2nt annual TOJAM. ;D  It is going to be hard to get that cat back in the bag.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline DanaM

« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2007, 09:17:13 pm »
Don't mention cats PatB will start the grill going just at the thought ;)

Dana
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2007, 10:39:19 pm »
Cat...Tastes like chicken! Thems good eaten!!!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2007, 11:38:37 pm »
Did someone say cat? ;D     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2007, 02:33:10 pm »
I've been fattening up a couple of cats for some time now, but if the cats got grilled ...I'd be in the dog house. And since we havn't got a dog, there's no dog house...and I couldn't fit in the cathouse...well, depending on what type of cathouse you're referring to I guess! ;D
Greg

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2007, 02:34:42 pm »
.HEY_)HEY_HEY watch it there!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D......bob

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2007, 01:52:11 pm »
Justin, I dont have a weak stomach.....I rode all the way there and back with you and Auggie! :P :P ;D. Besides, I had 3 Pappy burgers!!!

Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2007, 01:54:34 pm »
By the way Justin, thanks again for the ride.....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2007, 04:25:25 pm »
Greg, if you get the boot, you could always stay at Pappy's for a couple of weeks.  ;D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2007, 07:54:01 am »
I just got rid of one rouge,I don't need another,Just kidding Greg ;D ;D you know you would be welcome,Anthony came down Sat. and got a lot of slats cut down for Boo backed bows and other than the scouts wasn't much going on.I did get Wayne Baggett's cut down some weight and re tillered and put him on some horn tips.It is the one he bought at the auction for Keith Brake
that I had donated and he said it was to heavy.At the time I built it it was 53@26 and when I weighted it to start taking it down some it was 60@26 what's up with that it picked up 7/8 lbs.I built it in 2003.I thought selfbows were supposed to loose weight in time,guess it just dried out or something,anyone else had this happen.I have see it some with Wight wood but this is Osage.
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2007, 08:24:51 am »
Sounds like you all had a good time
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2007, 08:47:37 am »
Pappy, saw that dark cloud your way...but it pretty much missed us. Had no idea you got as much rain as you did. Bought a new chain saw, spent the weekend cutting up tops from where my lot was just timbered. Got a lot done, but so far just have barely started to scratch the surface. Stiff this morning! :)
Greg

Dustybaer

« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2007, 05:40:01 pm »
Stiff this morning! :)

as zz-top once said: "i wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole".  or was it "woke up with a wood"?  don't remember, must be getting old  ;D