Author Topic: Buckaroo??  (Read 3966 times)

Offline PeteC

Buckaroo??
« on: December 28, 2010, 10:09:48 am »
 Got a picture of this up in my hayfield.What do y'all think;  Kangadeer,or Buckaroo?  ::)  Happy new Year, and God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Buckaroo??
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 11:46:01 am »
Damn Pete....and I thought them Buckaroos were only invading the Panhandle....didn't know you had em down South too....
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 12:15:51 am by El Destructo »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 12:09:03 pm »
We have them here also in the mountains of Western NC.  They are a pretty wide spread specie.  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PeteC

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 12:28:07 pm »
I gotta tell you fella's,I thought I had a one of a kind sighting here.Dang,I'm a little dissapointed. ;D God Bless
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 11:06:58 pm by PeteC »

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 02:49:07 pm »
At least it's not one of those infamous half-alopes. ;D
St Paul, TX

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 11:02:33 pm »
Call it what you will, but it is endangered due to the influx of illegal South-of-the-Border undocumented chupacabras.  That's probably the last one you'll ever see.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 11:57:19 pm »
I gotta tell you fella's,I thought I had a one of a kind sighting here.Dang,I'm a little dissapointed. ;D God Bless

Don't sell yourself short there Pete.  That is a rare sighting indeed.  Down here in Texas, every once in a while you can catch a glimpse of the very secretive half-alina.  :D  They don't eat worth a hoot though.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline PeteC

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 06:17:30 pm »
George,I've yet to see a half-alina,but,I've seen a bunch of Whole-alinas. ;D  God Bless

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 07:09:46 pm »
Pete,

I've got to get after them again some time,  I have a score to settle with those ornery little buggers.  A few years ago one ran off with one of my laminated birch arrows and grizzly grande broadheads.  The audacity of the thing... ;)  They are tough, that's for sure.

The archery club I belonged to in Nebraska would give away the pieces of 3D targets when they replaced them.  I had half targets of almost all the smaller animals to shoot at one time or another...usually the rear end, but not always.  Is that how you got yours?  I never thought to attach the head to the back though, that's slick.  :)

George
St Paul, TX

Offline PeteC

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 07:33:50 pm »
Yessir,when we shot it in half,I cut the "T -lock off the mid-section,then glued the thin slice to the other end,yielding a Buckaroo.  ;) It is an interesting target,and has a very small kill zone.This way,I can get practiced up for an encounter with the real thing. ;D God Bless
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 09:54:40 pm by PeteC »

Offline cracker

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 10:09:39 pm »
We got em around here too and as soon as I see one when I'm sober I'm gonna catch it for evidence and then I'm after the skunk ape. >:D
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 10:39:13 pm »
 I had one of those, but it fell down and couldn't get up. :D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 10:18:36 pm »
My half-alina was just the back half to the javalina target.  It worked pretty well, but if you didn't center it, the thing would rotate on the rebar.  If you shot enough it'd look like pin cushion.  Better than no target though.  ;D

George
St Paul, TX

Offline PeteC

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 09:12:31 pm »
Yea,mine did that too,but,I've got this one fixed right.I'll try to remember to get a picture of my modified outfit. God Bless

Offline stickbender

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 12:40:12 am »

Dang!  You mean I quit drinking for nothing?! :o  Cause if all of you guys have seen em too, then, shoot, I can open the bottle again! ;D ;D ;D Whoo hoo! ;D ;D ;D  ......uh did you guys see Elvis putting out feed plots behind that Buckaroo?  Maybe I better put the bottle back.......maybe it is time to quit........maybe I should just drink tea, and coffee, and water.......Nah! ;D

Wayne