Author Topic: hey buddy,got a light?  (Read 5416 times)

Offline sailordad

hey buddy,got a light?
« on: January 01, 2011, 12:15:38 pm »
MAN OH MAN OH MAN
I am one lucky guy.
i have been a person who enjoys a good smoke now and again
i realy enjoy a good cigar.
i realy truly feel fortunate and blessed to have been given this gift.
cant say as to whom gifted it to me (dont want anyone getting in trouble for anything  ;) )
but i am glad that person did  ;D

i gave up smoking cigarettes about 3-4 yrs back,but i do allow my self a smoke now and again  ;)
but these are exceptional smokes,the real deal, so  NAH NAH NA BOO BOO
or like SIR WINSTON CHURCHILL once said "A WOMAN IS JUST A WOMAN,BUT A GOOD CIGAR IS A SMOKE "
And these are truly good cigars. as  soon as i opened the box ,i grabbed one and out to the garrage i went.
it was 6* last night in my garage but i didnt care,i enjoyed every moment of it.
i dont own a humidor,never needed one.i always bought my cigars one at a time and only when needed.
but ifn someone can tell me how to preserve these so they last a while,and ifn that person is going to the classic,and thier info works i could save one for them  ;) .
i think it would be worth it.

i will cherish these as long as i can,who knows i may even bring a couple down for the classic  ;D

heres a pic or two,so those of you out there that enjoy a good smoke now and then can envy me  >:D

i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Bevan R.

Re: hey buddy,got a light?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 12:22:48 pm »
Get yourself some spanish cedar and make yourself a 'vault' to hold your smokes. You are one lucky guy I will say that. Gave up smokes many years ago but still get the desire.  :'( Enjoy while you can.
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 12:25:07 pm »
I enjoy a good cigar too but don't know how to preserve them for a long time. They never lasted me long enough! ;D I would enjoy sitting around the fire pit at the Classic helping you enjoy your gift.  ;) So if whomever has a suggestion for you and they can not make the Classic, I'd be proud to sit in for them!  ::)  ;D
  I gave up cigs many years ago but still enjoy a cigar and can put them aside when I want...but not cigs. If I smoked one cig today I'd be back to 2 pks a day in no time. go figure!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline jthompson1995

• Parkville, MD
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 12:32:05 pm »
Either that date stamp on your camera is wrong or you posted this about 3 years too late.
A man who works with his hands is a laborer, a man who works with his hands and his mind is a craftsman, but a man who works with his hands, his mind and his heart is an artist. - Louis Nizer (1902-1994)

Offline sailordad

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 12:47:20 pm »
jt : its the date stamp,im too lazy to change it  ;)

Bevan : how do i make a vault? and i'll have to try and find some spanish cedar.

Pat: i am like you.if i have a cigarette then i know im back to a pack a day.but a cigar i can enjoy on my terms.
       if i get them "preserved" i plan on saving several to bring to the classic,your more than welcome to have one with me  ;)
       Bevan the same goes for you if your at the classic,and of age of course  ;D

there are 25 cigars in that box,24 1/2 are left  ;D
i know i cant smoke them fast enough to use them all before they dry out,so i realy need to get them preserved

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 01:29:51 pm »
I'm sure someone will come along with preservation suggestions soon once they get past their hangovers!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sailordad

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 01:42:28 pm »
no need now,plan is already set in motion

my very loving,kind,considerate wife whom also enjoys a good cigar suggested i just go buy a humidor  ;D
can get one big enough for the whole box and then some for a very very good price on line
thanks to a link Bevan sent me  ;)

ya,both our sons are home on leave right now and went out last night together
both look like "death warmed over" this morning  ;D

Offline RG

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 01:46:06 pm »
Sailordad when I was a smoker I loved a good cigar That box your are showing makes my mouth water That brand was also my favorite
If you google humidor and then build your own they have a lot of cheap ideas I used to use a tupper ware container and a damp cloth
but didnt have to worry much becase they never lasted long

Ron

Offline jeff halfrack

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 02:39:29 pm »
  I  have  never  smoked !  but  I  wish  I  had a  stack of  good  cigar  boxes!!  JEFFW

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 03:02:41 pm »
Jeff- ill send you all you want for $1 each (my cost) plus shpping. ;) let me know if you are interested.
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 03:53:13 pm »
I'll take all you've got if they are full, Jeff!  ;D   

Offline Jesse

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 04:24:59 pm »
looks tasty. You lucky dog :o I quit smoking years ago but like you I still enjoy the occasional cigar.
I got this online. not sure if its good info or not.

Three different methods

Purchase a cedar box with a sturdy latch that will close the box completely. Place the cigar in the box and seal completely. Most humidors are made out of wood, commonly cedar, and so this is the closest you can come to a humidor without actually purchasing one. Add a damp sponge to the box if you have room to increase the humidity in the box.

Dampen a paper towel and place it inside of a zip-lock bag. Leave this bag open, and place it inside a larger zip-lock bag containing the cigar. Seal the outer bag tightly to preserve internal humidity. Store the zip-lock bags in a dark place such as a drawer or closet.

Store the cigar in a Tupperware container that will seal completely. Much like the cedar box, include a damp sponge or paper towel with the cigar.

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline NTD

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 06:07:55 pm »
Or you can just send em to me ;D  I'll take care of them for you >:D  Great gift Tim, enjoy them!
Nate Danforth

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 06:46:05 pm »
Too dry in AZ!  >:D

Offline NTD

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 07:52:54 pm »
Too true Pat >:( 
Nate Danforth