Author Topic: Hog Hunting with the Parkers  (Read 3898 times)

Offline Mechslasher

Hog Hunting with the Parkers
« on: January 04, 2011, 09:04:30 pm »
well it looks like eddie or james forgot how to post pics so i figured i would.  here's the story.  eddie, james, terry, and myself went hog hunting with tim beach at alexacarrie plantation.  when we got there mon. morning, tim took us on a tour of the 1000 acre plantation and showed us where all the hot food plots were.  saw a ton of fresh hog sign and mowed down plots.  james has never been hog hunting so eddie put him in the same spot where he had some luck last spring.  the first afternoon james had 16 hogs around him but couldn't get a shot with his bow.  i think eddie saw a few but terry and i drew a blank.  tue. afternoon tim joined us and killed a 160# sow with his compound and had a couple waist high boars around him.  i heard terry shot just before dark and i missed a nice boar with my 12ga. shooting a 1 1/4oz roundball.  i checked on terry and he said he had shot a 60-80 pounder.  i started following the blood trail and then started to doubt his assessment of the size of the hog when i began to see blood two and three feet high on some trees.  i then looked behind some palmettos and saw his 220# boar laying there stone dead.  terry made a perfect heart shot on a running hog with his .308.  you can see the size of the boar and the thickness of his shield in the pics.  you get a good idea how big the boar was by comparing it to terry.  i'm guessing terry is around 6'3" plus.  not sure what james is doing in the forth pic.  james still hadn't had any luck so tim invited us to stay another day.  tim took james on a walk about wed. morning with eddie and i wishing him luck.  tim had walked us in the ground a couple years earlier on one of his walking tours. ;D  wed. afternoon, tim put james on a foodplot called hogs head.  i've killed two hogs and probably seen over 100 in this field in the couple years i've hunted there.  late that afternoon james killed his first hog with a .30-06 he got in a deal with eddie.  i missed another that afternoon with my .44 mag and i'm glad i did.  when we cut up the hogs thur. morning we filled up all the coolers and ended up putting a bunch of meat in plastic bags on ice.  i'll let the fellows fill in any details i left out.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 09:08:24 pm by Mechslasher »
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Mechslasher

Re: Hog Hunting with the Parkers
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 09:09:29 pm »
a few more pics.  the first is of the thickness of the shield on terry's boar.  must have been almost three inches thick.  the third is of my view out of my stand with a small buck about 25 yards away.  the last is of james "not" sleeping on the way back home.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 09:38:14 pm »
 I haven't had time to post anything since getting back to work. That was a fun week. I spoke to Becca last night and she said James was still talking about it. We ate a ham off my hog for New Years day with Black eye peas and stickbender and I snacked on the ribs while it was smoking.

I wish we could quit going from one extreme to another with the weather when we go. That 9 dgs was almost too much for this boy.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 09:49:46 pm »
Thats my dream hunt right there..looks like y'all had a blast. Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 11:57:09 pm »
Looks like a blast guys. That's quite a pig that Terry got!  Too bad James couldn't get one with his spear.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline stickbender

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 02:30:38 am »

That was quite a tasty hog!  Eddie fixed it just right!  I ate till I thought I couldn't eat any more, then they had those black eyed peas, and corn bread with rotelle tomatoes, and peppers in it, and some iced tea, and, well I couldn't pass it up, and make Cathy, mad, so I had a helping, or two. ::)  We were hoping for some mullet to go along with the hog, but Roger, and Parnell never showed up, so Eddie and I had to make do with beer, and hog, till the peas and ham were done.  With Eddie's help, I had a nice Obsidian blad going, till I went to stretch my back, and the plastice chair unloaded me, and I broke the blade.  Just something about trying to make a blade, that I just don't quite make it.  Sure would have been nice to have had some mullet on the grill, along with that hog. ;D  I told Eddie Roger must've sold the mullet. ;D ;D  But it was a feast for sure, and for a boar hog, it sure didn't taste like one.  It was smack dab delicious!  Thanks again Eddie, it's been a long time since I have had any wild hog.  I need to get a jeep like yours, and get some. ;D  Oh, by the way, if your neighbor still has that trailer, when you get back from your trip, or trips, I am interested. ;)  Thanks again, I had a great time, as usual.  Give Cathy and your Daughter a hug for me and tell them thanks for a great meal.
                                                                                     Wayne

Wayne

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 06:30:15 am »
Great pictures,and good looking hogs.Looks like a ball,wished I could have been there.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 11:07:12 am »
Wish I coulda made this one, always fun hunting down there. But I don't know if you and Tim coulda handled three Parkers at once. ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 01:36:34 pm »

I wish we could quit going from one extreme to another with the weather when we go. That 9 dgs was almost too much for this boy.

What's this.....Do I hear right.....was this Eddie Parker complaining about the Weather....surely not...I must have misinterpreted his comment....Cathy never raised no Sissies.... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 04:16:28 pm »
 I was still hunting in it and got the first hog. ;) The last time there we were melting like a snowman, this time we could have made one from all the ice.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 04:54:46 pm »
Hell Eddie...I just wish I had a place  to hunt Hogs....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 09:28:15 pm »
 Mike, you'd love this place. But, Mostly it's the company of good friends. I wish you had been there , Pappy, the pigs were out.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 10:00:19 am »
Of course,I wasn't there. ;) ;D ;D Looks like some really nice ones to boot. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 11:03:41 am »
Nice ones indeed !!!!!
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII