Author Topic: Portable Hydration  (Read 2068 times)

Offline aznboi3644

Portable Hydration
« on: January 06, 2011, 09:47:50 am »
One thing I dont like to carry in the woods or on hikes is a water bottle or multiple bottles...I like to pack light.  Usually just a shortbow and a few arrows in hand...my machete if I find a nice sapling to cut down...thats about it.

For Christmas my brother sent me a Camelbak hydration pack.  When I first opened the package I had no idea what the hell this tiny backpack looking thing was.  I called him asking WTF is this thing? haha.  He told me I was a dumbass and that it was my Christmas present and it was used for holding water/liquids.  I was ecstatic...thanked him and told him I'd see him christmas eve to pick him up at the airport.

I love using this thing...it is super handy.  No more heavy water bottle in my pocket or in my hand.  I just pop in some ice cubes and fill it up with water and go.  I can even wear it under my pea coat and none of my friends even know I'm wearing it until I pull out the tube and take a drink lol.

Anyone else here have or use one?  I'd highly recommend it.  I'm kinda of a weirder person than most my friends but I'll wear this this while hanging out sometimes...lol...I love it.  I dont have to get up to get a drink lol.

camelbak.com/sports-recreation/spring-summer-hydration-packs/2010-classic.aspx

« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 04:03:12 pm by Justin Snyder »

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Portable Hydration
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 09:56:49 am »
Jon gave me one of the army types for Christmas,Haven't used it yet but it looks just like that only desert camo. Looking forward to using it. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 12:26:08 pm »
Used them lots down here in the South Florida heat.  Absolutely needed when I was training for marathon distances in 80 plus degrees, I take them out kayaking, long distance bike rides, all that stuff.  I'd run water with a small amount of bleach through frequently and store upside down with a papertowel or two in the bladder to hold it open for drying.  Clean out that hose, also.  You don't want to get sick from mildew.  Cool gift.

1’—>1’

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 01:09:03 pm »
I bet you could sneak your own drinks into movie theatres, sporting events, etc.   It would pay for itself after a couple of NFL or MLB games.  That is cool.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 02:24:10 pm »
 I was using one before using one was cool. They are great for turkey hunting, cool and comfortable leaning against a tree.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 02:54:48 pm »
Cool!  Hmmm....will it hold coffee? >:D
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline aero86

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 05:14:30 pm »
i use them during the summer, hiking.  you might look, but i can freeze mine.  helps a lot during the summer to have nice cool water.
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 08:26:06 pm »
 The one thing you need with them is the cleaning kit for the tube. After awhile it looks like you have been sucking tobacca juice through it.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline sailordad

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 08:30:45 pm »
yup,i have one thats built into my pack for hauling my ground blind( wild thing pack,made for double bull blinds and turkey hunters  ;) )

getting another like that one next spring just for hiking around the woods
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd