Main Discussion Area > Bow of the Month Contest

Keenan Wins Dec. Self Bow!

(1/6) > >>

Josh:
Congratulations to Keenan Howard of Bend, OR for his Self Bow Win!http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,22789.0.html
From Keenan:
 This one is a 52" NTN sinew /sturgeon backed juniper. She is a short horse bow that is 59 lbs at 25" draw. and she has elk antler tips. She was made from the top side of a 6" branch. This bow has been a little over a two year long process. The stave was roughed out and dried for about 1 1/2 years. Sinewed last spring right before my last surgery. Skinned and tillered over the last couple months. This bow is for our horse farrier who brings me the sturgeon skins and some hides now and then. The skins are off of a fish he caught himself. He has been patiently waiting for a couple years now. Roll Eyes He has had a heart dream of taking an elk from his horse. He is comming to trim our horses tommarrow. Grin  Now it's up to him to do the rest.

Congrats Keenan!  You built a beautiful bow!  Here are some of the comments from everyone here at PA!:
"Man, Keenan, that is down right beautiful!  Be sure to take pictures of your "Shoe man", when you give it to him!"  -stickbender
"Sweet Bow Keenan...Glad to see that I am not the Only One that Likes the Guard Spikes of the Sturgeon Hide...I prefer this over the Belly and Side Skin...got more Character....Nice Job."  -ElDestructo
"All I can say is ...."you da man!!!!" That bow is a absolute work of art. Incredible craftsmanship from tip to tip."  -Jon(straightarrow)
"Keenan, that is probably the most beautiful bow I've ever seen.  Just WOW!  I think you may have to keep reminding your friend that it's a tool for him to hunt with. Make sure you give him a condition with this bow that we all want to see picture of the elk he takes with it."  -Hedgeapple
"Well Keenan you managed to raise the bar another notch and I gave up trying to keep up about 3 bows ago. You're in a class all by yourself my friend."  -Gordon

medicinewheel:
Congrats Keena -! A well deserved win for sure!

PeteC:
Congratulations Keenan on Your BOM win.You set the bar high.That is an amazing bow,and well worthy of first place. ;)  God Bless

Gordon:
Fabulous bow. I knew that one was a winner the moment I laid my eyes on it. Congratulations!

mullet:
 Beautifull bow and well deserved win. For a gimpy, old, handicapped guy you just keep cranking out works of art.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version