Author Topic: dug out canoe  (Read 17695 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: dug out canoe
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 08:23:30 pm »

My mind used to be as sharp as the lead edge of a bowling ball.  ::)  But it has since gotten progressively duller...... ;D

Old age ain't for sissys!

Wayne

Offline Terrible_Savage

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2011, 09:33:32 pm »
found a pic, never posted a pic on forums before so lets see....    this was me coming in after a good sail, the bay was protected from the wind so the sail is limp.
finding pictures like this make me so frikken homesick who really needs running water hey? esh! I might still make a break for it!

Offline Terrible_Savage

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 09:34:53 pm »
that sail sure looks small from this side but it's bigger, much bigger than it looks!

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2011, 01:07:54 am »
 Man !   look at that beach.  A fine boat    Feesh !  I think I am ready to make a break for it too. Got the coordinates of that beach ?  Thanks for the pic.  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2011, 05:41:32 pm »
Hand-lining marlin and tuna outa one of them boats?  Ranks right up there with guys that hunt gruzzly with a screwdriver! 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Terrible_Savage

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2011, 12:02:11 am »
12°58'08.84" S  40°32'48.23" E    type that in google earth, I heard after the war the place almost became a tourist trap but it's remote location kinda helps a little, I think the power stays on in the city nowadays and you don't go through army run checkpoints anymore, crazy, I remember the marching songs from the other side of a bamboo fence, time waits for no man. seems we're hostage to seasons and when yours is up the leaf pile grows a little.

yea, those dudes who caught those fish were something else, I don't think i mentioned those little canoes were too low to the water for an oar, they paddled the things by hand!

I saw a guy walking down the road off that beach with a fish, sailfish i think, balancing the fish on his head (quite a normal way of carrying things) and the nose was dragging the ground one side and the tail the other side. picture a gentle arc that long!