Author Topic: Drop Point Small Game Hunter  (Read 2521 times)

Offline 4est Trekker

Drop Point Small Game Hunter
« on: January 18, 2011, 12:30:43 am »
Here's a little one I just finished.  It's 5.5" overall with a 2.25" blade and has zebra wood/horn scales with brass, copper, and homemade mosaic pins.  The blade is 3/32" thick with a convex primary and flat secondary grind.  The steel is from an old Oldham Saw Company non-carbide tipped 10" saw blade. The blade has a forced patina achieved with lemon juice, tomatoes, onions, green apples, oranges, vinegar, and mustard.  I had a little fun playing in my wife's kitchen.  I also tried a new blade-up neck sheath design.  Thanks for looking, and all critique is welcomed. 

"Walk softly, and carry a bent stick."

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through him."  Col. 3:17

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: Drop Point Small Game Hunter
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 01:01:19 am »
very nice knife!!! The sheath/lanyard is pretty awesome too.  Is the sheath portion the stitchless design?  thats my favorite sheath to make for my sawblade knives, everyone seems to love them more than my stitched sheaths even though they only take like a quarter of the time to make LOL. :) :) I also like the way your knife hangs down instead of stickin up i have yet to find a way of securing it with a decent balance between ease of access and not having the knife fall out.  also want to try some of your forced patina methods i have only tried the mustard trick.  man u got me wantin to start a new knife right now, lol. thanks for the inspiration you make a dang beautiful knife my friend.  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 03:21:59 am »
Beautiful knife and sheath!
Frank from Germany...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 09:42:16 am »
 That is a sweet knife. You are inspiring me to finish up some I have started.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 11:32:42 am »
Wow!  Love the sheath too. 8)
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline bareshaft12

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 09:21:19 pm »
Love the knife ,how much would one cost?