Author Topic: Temporary home for the Englisch-Warbow forum created  (Read 26038 times)

Offline Belabear

Temporary home for the Englisch-Warbow forum created
« on: May 12, 2007, 07:22:35 pm »
hello folks,

just wanted to inform you that gino has created a new, temporary home for the English-Warbow forum.

Can be found on

belabear
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 08:57:17 am by Marc St Louis »

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Re: Temporary home for the Englisch-Warbow forum created
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 09:00:07 am »
That's nice bela but if they want the link to the new board they can message you. PA might not like you putting the link here, especially after they have taken the time to create this forum just for you guys.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

ratty

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 09:42:07 am »
That's nice bela but if they want the link to the new board they can message you. PA might not like you putting the link here, especially after they have taken the time to create this forum just for you guys.
:( ?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 10:04:02 am by ratty »

SimonUK

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 05:44:53 pm »
I do agree with you there Marc, I don't see the point in everyone moving around like this. PA is as good a place as any for us to exchange ideas. I have a feeling Gino must have been setting up his forum in parallel.

duffontap

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 06:48:47 pm »
Primitive Archer has the resources to keep this forum open for twenty more years.  I don't see the point in burning out one temporary administrator after another. 

J. D. Duff

SimonUK

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 08:00:59 pm »
I think it's also easier to run a forum in the US - you have more of a free speech philosophy.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 08:46:46 pm »
I'm kind of confused on why you want a "TEMPORARY HOME" for the warbow forum when you have a perminant home right here.  This also allows exposure to  bowyers who would not usually spend much time on the warbow forum.  If we want to keep our arts alive we must find new people to teach and pass on the art too.  Justin
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 10:25:39 am by justin snyder »
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

duffontap

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 11:33:10 pm »
Not to mention that Primitive Archer has printed tons of great articles on the warbow by Roy, Pip and others over the past 15+ years.  PA is dedicated to growing worldwide interest in classical forms of archery.  This is what they're supportive of and they do it 24/7.  For them it's not a hobby, it's a mission.

J. D. Duff

Offline heavybow

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 02:12:30 am »
primative archer forum has done a great job. We all still here. marlon ;D

Offline DanaM

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 01:00:40 pm »
Stick around guys, I know I enjoy your discussions and PA is the place to be!

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

nick1346

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 01:43:08 pm »
Primitive Archer has the resources to keep this forum open for twenty more years.  I don't see the point in burning out one temporary administrator after another. 

J. D. Duff

Hello Jd, I do hope that is not a dig at myself. I have the resources to keep any forum I wish open and might I add I am not 'burnt' out, in fact quite the opposite.  Our forum is merely on hold and I'm glad to see that the word of the warbow has spread as a result. I set up our website and later our forum, to promote the warbow amongst a wider audience and it has more  than done that, as this section proves.  To me it is more than a mere 'hobby' but it is not a business.

Nick

Offline heavybow

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 07:17:17 pm »
Nick Glad your here my friend. marlon ;D

duffontap

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 07:39:13 pm »

J. D. Duff

Hello Jd, I do hope that is not a dig at myself. I have the resources to keep any forum I wish open and might I add I am not 'burnt' out, in fact quite the opposite.  Our forum is merely on hold and I'm glad to see that the word of the warbow has spread as a result. I set up our website and later our forum, to promote the warbow amongst a wider audience and it has more  than done that, as this section proves.  To me it is more than a mere 'hobby' but it is not a business.

Nick

Nick,

I'm sorry that came across that way.  I in no way intended it to be an insult.  I am incredibly grateful for what you have been doing to popularize the warbow through the site and forum and youtube.  I was just saying that it seems unfair to ask you or anyone else to bear the full burden of responsibility for keeping a forum up and running.  If it's a full-time job (without pay) for you and you have better things to do--than it is unfair for the warbow community to expect you to work that hard for nothing.  All I was saying was that PA would be glad to keep this forum open forever and the workload here is spread thin enough that no one is getting over-worked.  It's the people that make the forum good anyway.  I'm not concerned with where we meet, but why not here?

Again, I'm sorry about that friend.  I've been hoping you would show up here--I hope this hasn't given you too much of a bad taste for this forum.

J. D. Duff

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 07:53:55 pm »
    I hope all you guy's don't cut and run.This new site has been refreshing and informative.As I guess would be expected with all the new skilled bowyers coming on.You guy's have given me a whole new view of bow's.You got me looking at my staves going"hmm,I could finish you without having to remove so much wood" :)
    And heck,then I'd have to go chasing around on other sites to see what Jaro is stirring up. ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Loki

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 08:41:28 pm »
 ;D
Some members from Nicks forum couldnt register here (it took me a couple of days and a few emails to admin) so they started there own temporary board,i can understand that, we all want to talk Bows and online is generally were most of us do our Bow talk,people just stare at me glassy eye'd if i mention WarBows in public :D.
The arguments what went on when the forum was just getting started allso left a bad taist for a few,some very experienced archers were being told they knew nothing or there Bows were meaningless and that never goes down well does it? ;D.But some fair points were being made and not everyone speaks English as there first tongue,so confusion can set in and Bang,Boom the Wars started again  ;D.I personnaly dont mind a good argument as long as its kept clean and the insults are at a minimum (a bit of nation bashing's allways fun  ;))but i wasnt involved ,just an amused lurker  ;D,i thought it was a great topic!
Alan doesnt feel comfortable because of the hunting aspect of the site,i didnt think he would come on at all!the guys a devout Vegetarian and he doesnt even have any animal products on his Bows,thats why he used the fake horn for his new WarBow.Nothing wrong with a man with principles and he practices what he preach's,except he doesnt preach  ;).
Well anyway,i think most are gonna stick around as its a great forum and the more WarBow forums the better,were all learning from each other here.
I like this forum and i'm really enjoying mooching through the other threads,i'm not a hunter anymore and i'm not really into seeing dead animals (i never watch the video's of the kills) but its not a big deal for me and i like the Bows!you people are using what you hunt and killing it with respect.Trophy hunting i dont agree with,i just think its wrong but i just wont go into threads like that,certainly not going to preach to any bugger!

« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 08:03:24 pm by Loki »
Durham,England