Linked Events

• 14th Tennessee Classic: April 29, 2011 - May 01, 2011

Author Topic: 14TH Tennessee Classic  (Read 125014 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: 14TH Tennessee Classic
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2011, 07:23:54 pm »
Ron, with this bunch that might be a bad idea unless you are ready to get rid of it all together.  ;) 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline joanieb

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2011, 07:37:28 pm »
Jon,  thanks for all the photos, most of all thanks for the kind words you said about Twin Oaks. We all are so happy to see new faces and especially happy to see our returning families who have made Twin Oaks Classic what it is today. I'm sure we will have rain but I pray it won't be as much as last year. Just remember it was the 13th and now all of us are looking forward to the 14th. Thanks again for sharing the memories..... Joanie B. :)

Offline cracker

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2011, 08:54:17 pm »
Miss Joanie I sure hope I'm on the adopted list I sure do enjoy spending my week a year in the holler. The only thing wrong with the classic is that I didn't find about it a lot sooner.
I really enjoy the bows flint knapping shooting and other activities but the real chest of gold is the people and all the spontaneous stuff that happens. Where else would you get to meet people from all over this great nation and indeed from all over the world. It seems theese folks are as diverse as people could possibly be and yet when they come to Twin Oaks they are suddenly the same. Thanks for listening to my ramble. "Cracker"Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2011, 09:18:30 pm »
Pappy....count Me in also....I am sure the Cabin will be overflowing again this Year....so I aint taking the FatBoy.....so lets put me next to that 10 foot Tall Teddy Bear again this Year....I left His Tent there Last Year...but I think I am going to take the Pickup...so I can sleep in the Bed....cant take the Ride on the Water Bed again this Year...got the Bed Spins and Sea Sick....and I know it weren't the Rheumatiz Medicine you all were giving Me for my Bad Leg..... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline RG

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2011, 11:42:11 pm »
I think your right Pat I better leave it at a couple jars

Ron

Offline cracker

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2011, 08:32:10 am »
I'm gonna bring some pickled peaches again.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline RG

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2011, 09:19:41 am »
 ;D yum yum

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2011, 11:06:48 am »
I was wrong about my calendar!  Saaweeet!
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2011, 05:27:19 pm »
Well it looks like my dream to attend the Classic is finally going to come true.  My plans are to be there, and make lots of memories and meet some of the greatest people there are

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2011, 05:33:19 pm »
Well Charlie ....at least you will get to meet Me....lmao....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2011, 07:24:59 pm »
That alone, Mike, is worth the trip!  ;D   Glad to hear this Charlie. Be ready to be adapted into the Twin Oaks family.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline stringstretcher

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2011, 08:20:34 pm »
EL for some reason, I think we will hit it off just fine ;D.  And Pat, thanks you, I know there will be many friends made, and another chance to meet some of the one's I met at your place two years ago.  This has been a dream of mine for more years than I can count and I am so looking forward to it that I think I will make it an extended stay(if Pappy don't get tired of looking at me), get there early in the week and leave late the next week.  This will certainly be the vacation and dream come true for me.  Let's hope everything works out this time. So get ready people, a Virginian is going to be in the house. :o ;D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2011, 12:49:12 am »
Charlie, if Pappy can put up with Cracker and El D for a week he can put up with you.  ::)

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2011, 03:17:54 am »
Charlie, if Pappy can put up with Cracker and El D for a week he can put up with you.  ::)

C/Mon Pat....me and that big Teddy Bear ae the easier ones to tolerate....just wait till a Good Ole Georgia Boy...a Transplanted Yooper...and a Virginian get together...and drink some of Ronnie's Peach Nectar....ought to be fun.... ;D
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline stringstretcher

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2011, 06:54:43 am »
El D sounds like you might have seen something like that before.  As for the nectar though, I would have to pass on that.  After 7 years, and 3 months of sobriety, it just ain't going to happen that way at least....I have been down that road, and trust me when I say, I will never go that same road again,......ever.