Linked Events

• 14th Tennessee Classic: April 29, 2011 - May 01, 2011

Author Topic: 14TH Tennessee Classic  (Read 125012 times)

Offline venisonburger

Re: 14TH Tennessee Classic
« Reply #570 on: May 03, 2011, 10:18:11 pm »
I think I put on 10lbs with some of the meals we took part in, Wed we enjoyed Crackers low country boil, shrimp, fish, corn, sausage and onions in a spicy peppery juice, wow, hard to find this kind of eats at a restaurant.
Thurs night was fried foods night, Ronnie did deep fried turkeys that El D injected with a marinade, there were chicken wings, deep fried squirrel, frog legs, bass, gar fish, fried cabbage, bbq bologna, fried corn on the cob, salsa and chips, hope I didn't forget anything.
Saturday there was the potluck supper and there was such an assortment of foods that I wouldn't know where to start, but following tradition Pappy and the crew did the bbq vension shoulders, I saw smoked sausage, potatoes, carrots and onions, pasta salads, lettuce salads, more salsa, corn, cornbread, mac and cheese, and things I didn't see cause I was way back in the line and I missed them before they ran out, but I'm not complaining cause I ate my fill, there were tons of desserts too, cakes, pies, ect. You'll see by the picture of the line that alot of people ate that night.
One thing that's for sure is we'll never starve at the classic
VB

Offline Wolf Watcher

Re: 14TH Tennessee Classic
« Reply #571 on: May 04, 2011, 12:15:18 pm »
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :II want to try to offer my thanks for the way everyone treated myself and young Josiah Huston at the Classic.  There is no way to tell you how much it means to us to have been blessed with your kindness.  Too many names to try to list, but you know who you are and no way to really tell you of our gratitude.  Josiah's folks are pulling in from Texas today and I can't wait for them to see the little rascal's treasure trove and hear the stories.  When we left for Twin Oaks, Josiah said he had some horns to trade and I chuckled inside knowing a few old white elk horns weren't going to bring much attention.  When we arrived he was given a beautiful knife and scabbard!  Right away he came marching back with a throwing hawk he told me had traded horns for!  Go figure!  That was just the start and I thought he was going to wear the throwing target slap out!  The young fellow from Colorado who shot some rounds with Josiah has my vote for a model that I wished all young men his age could follow!  I think the skill level of the folks who come there without the need of recognition and their willingness to share their knowledge sets them apart from any group I have ever known.  Then to top it off we were blessed with some beautiful weather.  Were we live is a very different terrain with some major changes in weather patterns, so all that rain and lightning is a eye opener for us.  And one last thing--there are some funny kinds of foods there and some old boys that can stir up the best vittles I can ever remember!  Did I mention the music?  My main reason for coming to the Classic this year was to see King Ron when he was recognized for his Twin Oaks efforts for all those years of service.  I wasn't disappointed!  The entrance to the farm by Eddie and his wife was a classic in itself.  Again my thanks to all!!  A/Ho Indian Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight