Author Topic: sneak peak of what ive been workin on  (Read 1668 times)

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
sneak peak of what ive been workin on
« on: January 25, 2011, 11:40:48 pm »
as said in the topic ive got a couple in the works 54 inch molle hickory backed ipe with hickory on the handle and belly of the levers finished all but the handle wrap and arrow rest .also 66inch hickory backed osage with hic and beefwood handle with arrow shelf cut in (not my usual). have to sand handle and skin it tillers all finished . heres a few pics

Offline NTD

Re: sneak peak of what ive been workin on
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 11:52:42 pm »
You're such a tease Ken >:D  Can't wait to see em all done up.  Is the molle for the TG swap?
Nate Danforth

Offline half eye

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 06:06:31 am »
Damned Son !!!!!
        See what happens when ya get a little time off, Them are very sweet. I really like the laminated mollegabet, got good color combo's and the benifits of the Molle too....sweet.
        I'd be real interested to know about the hick/osage, performance-wise Seems like that ought to be a good combo of tension/compression. Really want to know how it shoots....
rich

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 07:44:17 am »
Good looking combinations Ken. They should be some hard hitting sticks. Looking forward to the full draw pics.
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 05:10:40 pm »
hey Nate i didnt want ya'll to think i was just layin round gettin fatter, it was going to be but i finished one that i think is better so i think i;ll send it to ---- instead. or maybe two
thanks Rich im gonna go shoot it  in today before i skin it
thanks hillbilly

Lombard

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 09:39:20 pm »
Looks like it might hold some potential Ken. Gotta like the contrast between the Hickory and the Ipe.

Offline NTD

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 10:49:25 pm »
Ken, I don't think there are any worries about that.  Shoot to make the deadline you could pump out at least another 30 bows, who knows what you'll come up with by then.  I'm gonna shoot for a self osage but have a BBO in the works as a back up.
Nate Danforth