Author Topic: Old Pair of Mocs  (Read 3846 times)

Offline okiecountryboy

Old Pair of Mocs
« on: September 24, 2010, 04:09:28 pm »
Here is a pair of mocs I made for myself 20+ yearsa ago. Still fit like a sock. Very comfortable.
Hope you like em

Ron

[attachment deleted by admin]
God, honor, country, bows, and guns.

Offline Outbackbob48

Re: Old Pair of Mocs
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 05:24:40 pm »
Really nice, an they look really soft. Bet you can run like a deer in them ;D    Bob

Offline okiecountryboy

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 05:36:00 pm »
Thanks Bob
They are still really comfortable. Maybe they can run like a deer, but my runnin like a deer days are over.
Now-a-days with me it's more......runnin like a 3 legged dog with 2 bad paws. ;D ;D

Ron

Offline half eye

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 09:54:13 pm »
Really nice Ron, look like they would be just the ticket for ranging or trail use.
rich

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 02:56:30 pm »
Best thing in the world for quiet stalking...excepting of course, bare feet.  Bring the foot down slowly and feel what's under each part of the foot before committing any weight, adjust your weight to the toe to avoid snapping the twig under your heel, etc...

I have a pair of Eastern Woodland center seams made by Mark Roster (Rooster) up in North Dakota.  Pity his hands are now retired from making some of the finest mocs in the world. 

Okie, those are some fancy-pants looking high tops!  Real top shelf stuff!  What kind of leather didja use? 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline okiecountryboy

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 04:33:51 am »
Hey JW
You got that right bout quiet. You have good strong sole coverage, but can feel almost everything. I made them to an exact fit to my feet and legs, and the older you get that support can keep you walkin and trackin longer.
Good point about adjusting weight. If you come down on the ball/big toe area first, then drop the rest of your foot slowly to the heel, I'm tellin ya it makes all the differance in gettin ready for that close shot (old indian trick..taught to me by an old indian...seriuosly).The leather I used at the time was cow hide...I know, I know, but it was very cheap and had no antlered hides at the time.
Also JW, the tops folded up another 3" or so. It made a little difference in snow and winter weather.
As far as high tops...Man-o-man if your are in thorny brush (like I was in alot of areas in Okla at the time) Those high tops keep you movin!

Thanks for lookin
Ron

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 01:11:08 pm »
Those Mocs look wonderful...you wouldn't happen to know where to steer a guy who's looking for a pattern of those would ya?

Many thanks!

Lee
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 10:29:43 am »
That's fine looking footwear. I gotta get off my coondogs and make me some, one of these days. Thanks for sharing   '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline wildman

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 11:49:28 am »
I have a few mocc paterens I may be able to post. If anyone is interrested.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline okiecountryboy

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 05:37:36 pm »
I have a few mocc paterens I may be able to post. If anyone is interrested.

Wildman
I'd be interested in seeing your patterns. Please post. BTW good to see another fan of Rich's bows. His work is unbelievable.

Lee
Didn't have a pattern. Had real good instruction at a young age. You can search mountain man or Native American moc patterns on your pc. I'll pm you my # if you want to know how I made mine. Don't have time right now to type that much info. Got to get to work.

Thanks and glad you like em
Ron