Author Topic: Locust Eastern Woodland style  (Read 11288 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Locust Eastern Woodland style
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2011, 12:06:17 am »
Lyman, if all the edges are rounded it doesn't to have any more wear than the standard 2 groove nocks.
Jeff, I also think the single side nocks look more primitive and work just fine.
Marc, the locust seems to take on more color quicker than other woods I'v toasted. I was curious to see how well it would work for locust being fairly brittle already. It seems to work just fine.
   Outlaw, my wife has been sick for the last week so my photographer has been unable to take full draw pics.  ;D
  Pete, Sudbury is what came to mind when I decided to narrow the handle.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2011, 01:30:24 pm »
You the man Pat, cool and intresting bow. I bet she is fun to shoot.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2011, 10:23:50 am »
Hey Pat great bow! Glad to see you join the locust ranks!  8) I love the stuff. That stave was not from the same tree as mine but was still a good tree.

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2011, 10:45:07 am »
It is good locust,Alan...and this was just the belly split. I still have the main portion of the stave.   I have heard and am believe that locust qualities change with location. Must be the rhyolite in the soil down there that makes it so good!  ;)
 Thanks Kenneth. She does shoot well even with my Art Butner hill cane elk hunting arrows.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC