Main Discussion Area > Bow of the Month Contest

James Parker (Robustus) Wins Backed Bow of The Year!

(1/2) > >>

Josh:
Congratulations To James Parker from North Carolina For his Backed Bow of the Year Win!!http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,18969.135.html
From James:
Hey guys, here is the Plains style bow that I sinewed back in late spring.  46" tip to tip, sinew backed osage core, horn belly, sinew self-nocks, sinew string.  finished 57# @27".  bow has deer rawhide back, painted with earth pigment that I ground.  I used rotten egg whites as a binder in the paint.  Waterproofer/sealer is prickly pear cactus juice.  The arrows are split, shaved and scraped shafts that I made.  They have swelled nocks, stone points, turkey and pheasant feather fletching, sinew bindings. Enjoy  Wink  --james

Congrats James!  Here are some of the great things PA members said about this Beautiful Bow!
"I neeeed one of those. That is nice!"  -Scott (oneeye)
"I like the bow...Hopefully my skill will be there one day. Fantastic work!"  -sharpend60
"Gorgeous. The painting pattern is very nicely done. I would say that my favorite attribute is how the bow is very exotically painted, and somehow at the same time, pretty well camouflaged too! Very nice. I'm drooling."   -toomanyknots
"James, that plains style bow is awesome...looks like it is bent almost double and great tiller.  The painting on this one is awesome...very inspiring." -AaronW.
"Awesome looking bow. Nice matching set of arrows too." -Hrothgar

Cooper:
Congratulations Robustus... my preferred choice was your Egyptian Chariot Bow, but this bow is a really beauty as well.

uwe:
I think exact the same!
Regards Uwe

Keenan:
James your bows are just incredible. Congratulations!

medicinewheel:
Outstanding bow, well deserved win!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version