Author Topic: Mystery Wood 2  (Read 37832 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Mystery Wood 2
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2007, 09:24:16 am »
Mango or papaya?  Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2007, 09:40:20 am »
Bob, a tree is a woody stemmed plant >:(              right? :-[    I don't know, just call me an idiot. :D ;D
 This was awsome, you should do it again some time. And keep Eddie out of it again or we'll never have any fun, LOL. 
 Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2007, 02:25:25 pm »
     Sean .......... a tree is a "tall" wooded plant as opposed to a shrub. But ok, I give will take youre explanation, close enuf.  ;D          Pat-you were real close I posted it on last page, Ralph guessed it and of course Eddie knew it, Darn" Polk Cty Crackers" :D. Its orange. Sean, made a suggestion, if you guys want to do this again I have some more. Hmm lets make it interesting, the next one if y'all want I will send to the first guy that names it with one kudo, have to make bendy handle d-bow ! Sean sorry Eddie's in too can't be discriminatory to another Floridian.......................... :D...bob

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2007, 02:44:05 pm »
Hey! Yes, that would be an great idea! But if you do it too much you won't have any wood left, Eddie will have it all. :D
       Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2007, 02:45:44 pm »
                         No he wont Sean,heh-heh-heh !.. ;D ;D ;D ;D..........bob

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2007, 02:48:21 pm »
   Do other foks think this is a good idea ? Does anybody have other ideas to attach to it ? Wanna make this a monthly board thing ? Does anyboby else wanna participate ? Ideas please ! ;)..............bob

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2007, 02:51:34 pm »
Bob, you got us all confused, Pat's first guess was "citrus". Kind of a broad guess, but when you said no we quit guessing on the citrus.  ;D ;D ??? ???  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2007, 03:50:31 pm »
 No Justin, I said what is it. That requires a definite answer not a broad one. Hey, I didnt ask fer latin name ;) Ok, sorry if I confused ya. So if we do this again do we agree no broad categories ? Pat you had right broad category. 8)......bob

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2007, 04:21:08 pm »
  Justin,I'll send you a bag of wild oranges and a bag of hamlin oranges.You can tell us if you can taste a difference.The wild oranges are left over from the first oranges brought over by DeSoto.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline tarsus

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2007, 04:22:33 pm »
I think that this is a great idea ;D  Wish I would have logged in sooner ::)   David
"I practice falconry, the ancient art of throwing angry pointy birds at things."    Larry Dixon

David
Louisville, Ky

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2007, 04:47:28 pm »
So Bob, I guess that is Okeechobee Orange! ;D( like Osage Orange  ::))   I'm in for your monthly mystery wood. Is this just for bow wood or any wood that is primitive archery related?
  My next guess was gonna be the specific citrus fruits. ;)    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2007, 06:08:04 pm »
  Justin,I'll send you a bag of wild oranges and a bag of hamlin oranges.You can tell us if you can taste a difference.The wild oranges are left over from the first oranges brought over by DeSoto.
How about you send me a stave from each type and see if I can tell the difference.  ::)  I know the difference, I just didn't guess citrus.  Now if Bob had said right family but be more specific, my first guess would have been Citrus aurantium also know as sour orange.  ;) :-*  At least that is my story and I'm sticking to it.  :D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2007, 06:14:24 pm »
 Hey Pat, ;D ! Ok so give me some more ideas guys . Lets make this a monthly board thing not just a few people. Eddie, youre involved in this I volunteer you ! ;D Do we want just bow wood or like Pat's suggestion any wood that is primitive archery related ? Come on everybody put on your'e thinkin'caps !........bob

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2007, 06:17:50 pm »
 Ok Justin, you asked fer it dude ! ;) You an only you will have to give latin name, common name and family name if ya participate :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D........bob

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2007, 06:26:26 pm »
Can I bribe Eddie and Hillbilly for input.  ;D Justin

SW Utah