Main Discussion Area > Bow of the Month Contest

Robustus Wins January Backed BOM!!

(1/2) > >>

Josh:
Congratulations to James Parker from North Carolina for his January Backed Bow Win!!http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,18969.165.html
From James:  Here is Mullets bow, a short siyah Chinese-style horn composite, it's 50" groove to groove, almost 1-1/2"  wide. Bamboo core. I used poplar for the siyahs to cut down on the tip weight.  It shoots really good, no hand shock and very smooth draw.  The bow pulls 58# @28" and can be drawn to 31"...if his arms are long enough.

It has Ray skin for the arrow pass.  The bow does draw very smooth with no stacking.  It also has an early draw weight that is high. It did gain three or four pounds  outside yesterday due to the  19 degree temp but remained overall stable.  I will be finishing up a Turkish bow by the end of the month and when done i will post it as well. Thanks all.

Here's some of the great compliments from forum members:
"James, if Eddie don't like it just send it to me!  ...and his arms are long enough to draw it 30".  Eddie is pretty long in the draw for a short guy.
  Very nice James. Your detail work in beautiful and I already know the quality of your work. Very well done."  -PatB
"Incredible bow James, You sure are getting those horn bows figured out."    -Keenan
"oh my!  i love it!!  care for a trade mullet?? LOL  btw, someone let me know when this is up for BOM cause im voting for it."  -aero86
"Very nice James, some real art there."  -Justin Snyder
"That's another beautiful bow!   Eddie's a lucky man.  So when can we see a build along? I really want to make a few of these horn bows. "  -oneeye

medicinewheel:
Congrats James, a well deserved win!
I can tell Eddie is happy with his new bow.

Cooper:
Déjà-vu, hm …   ;D

Great bow and deserved win.

mullet:
A great shooting bow, and it's all mine,heh,heh.

Pat B:
Eddie, do you get the BOM cap too?  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version