Author Topic: Osage board with a knot - Should I send this back?  (Read 4202 times)

Offline medicinewheel

Re: Osage board with a knot - Should I send this back?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 10:32:38 am »
I second that.
Can't see anything that I could have an opinion about, especially not on the second picture, except run offs at the upper board end that I would give a very close inspection.
I believe Pat was asking 'is this Osage for sure', which I would have asked, too. And yes, it matters where you got it.
Frank from Germany...

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 10:47:18 am »
Since your mind is pretty much made up before ever posting, I believe you would fail at the attempt. Please package the board up and send it to me. I'll make a bow out of it. All these guys have lagit questions, that deserve answers to answer your question. Asking the advise of one versus all the knowladge you can aquire here makes since to me ::)

Here's a link to one that I built last year. It has a knot all the way through, and in a pertenat working area

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,19283.msg267495.html#msg267495
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 11:06:20 am by hillbilly61 »
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline jturkey

• I wouldn't make it a habit calling me that!
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 11:14:34 am »
as the title states send it back if you have anyquestion on it because if you do not see the bow in it already you'll blow it even with a osage board. and hickory back but. if it is from most lumber yards that do not deal with bowyers or people that make alot of bows once it is out of the shop it is yours that is why we were asking that question but for you i'd say send it back
doc

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 01:27:32 pm »
   Chep, first off, there are a lot of very knowledgable folks here on PA and all of them will do what they can to help you make successful bows. They don't get paid for this advise but they do ask for a little respect. If you already know the answers and already know that what we suggest is ridiculous then why bother to ask. Each question asked to you was for a reason and that is to give you the most appropriate answers to your question. If you don't have the COMMON courtesy to reply civilly then you need not bother to even ask any more questions or participate!   I don't know where you learned your manners but maybe you would be better served going to "romper room.com" where there are more like minded folks with the same values that you seem to have.
  This is going to be your first warning!   If you can't find it in yourself to act civilly while on PA, please stay away or I, as a website administrator will help you out with this!!!
  Remember you have been warned once. If you don't know what this means, READ THE RULES!!!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sailordad

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 01:40:49 pm »
i read this post when it was first posted
i knew what questions i was gonna ask
but i could already tell the attitude that was going to show thru so i kept quiet
and yes all these questions are important,but you already had the answer you were looking for,it was in the back of your mind before you even started to type
i may not be the most knowledable or best bowyer on the site
however i do know a thing or two aboot self bows and such things
but like others on here,i do require a level of respect if am going to help someone
you admit your new at this but yet you talk down to folks with knowledge
i'll bet your one of these folks from the "i want it now,and my way" generation

Pat,i used to enjoy Romper Room  ;D
but i grew up
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 01:46:10 pm »
Tim, we all did...on both accounts! ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC