Author Topic: holding point on your fingers..  (Read 2679 times)

Offline aero86

holding point on your fingers..
« on: February 17, 2011, 02:24:36 am »
i have read a few things lately about where the string should rest when your shooting.  the texts said to hold the string, not on the tips, but the next digit up.  does anyone shoot that way?  ive always shot holding with my finger tips.. 
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: holding point on your fingers..
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 02:59:51 am »
Supposedly you have a better release with a deep hook grip than you do with just your finger tips. That is how I was tought to shoot.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline aero86

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 03:05:43 am »
wow, really?   i was never taught, just picked up a bow and started shooting.  ill have to give it a try then
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Kent D.

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 05:01:43 pm »
I shot for over 25 years with my finger tips.  About two years ago I went with the deep hook.  My shot hasnt really changed, so I assume it does not make a difference.  I like the feel of a deep hook.  I teach deep hook to new shooters and it seems to be easier to learn with than trying to teach them to shoot off the finger tips.