Author Topic: old PA issue, stone head size regulations  (Read 7264 times)

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
old PA issue, stone head size regulations
« on: February 17, 2011, 12:44:50 pm »
Hi all, Some time ago there was an article in PA about the regulations on stone arrowheads, and the author gave listings of legal sized arrowheads  for each state in a the U.S.  I have been digging through my back issues and can't seem to find the article. I was wondering if you all could help me out. I live in the state of Michigan, and I can't seem to find any reference to arrowhead size on the DNR website either. I remember that there is a minimum width, but don't remember what it is ??? I would appreciate the info, thanks in advance.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: old PA issue, stone head size regulations
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 12:52:08 pm »
I think Tony Kinton wrote the article with that info but I don't remember when it was.   You might give the head law enforcement guy for the state a call or send him an email and see what his take on the subject is.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BowJunkie

Re: old PA issue, stone head size regulations
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 03:01:10 pm »
Call your local Parks and wildlife Department. They will let you speak to a Game Warden.
I just did this last week, for the state of Texas.
Game warden said, 
Minimum draw weight on bows has been lifted, it was 40 Lbs
Broad Head requirements are at least Two cutting edges,
with a min cutting width of 7/8'', regardless of it being stone or metal "I prefer wider".
I was also Informed that you can hunt with a bow, from the beginning of bow season "October,"
till the end of hunting season around the end of December or first week in January.
Johnny
in Texas