Author Topic: Explain your screen name?  (Read 27793 times)

Offline gstoneberg

Re: Explain your screen name?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 10:32:08 am »
gstoneberg = George Stoneberg...it's been my email handle since the company decided to assign them instead of use our preferred ids.  As Dilbert would point out, glad my name wasn't Brian Utthead. ;D

George
St Paul, TX

Offline cracker

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 10:42:51 am »
And Sara still calls me.....EL SWEET-O....and Marie just calls Me....EL Nice-O....or....El Dot-O......but I still have not been able to figure that One out...... ;)
After the 08 classic there were a number of us who started calling him El Kissupo I never found out why. >:D
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline cracker

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 10:54:45 am »
When I came here all of the good archery name were already taken so I wanted to come up with a name that said something about where I'm from as well as who I am. Cracker is a slang and somewhat derogatory term for "Old Blood" southerners from Ga. And Maybe Fl. It also meant a Wagon driver which my grandfather and great grandfather were.
Thanks "Cracker"Ronnie
P.S. I thought about Peckerwood but my wife talked me out of it. Thats working class southerners FYI.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 11:04:52 am »
I had my handle way before I started using computers.My sons friends would come over to the house an ask where is your Dad, the answer seemed to always be Outback. the phone used to ring an someone was looking for me an wife would say He will call you later he's outback.  When I came on to computer an needed handle OUtback came to mind an I added first name an year I was born to clarify me from other Outbacks  Later Outbackbob48 ;D

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 11:55:54 am »
I wanted a name that had something to do with osage since that is what I blessed with.  I live on property that is mostly osage, we used it for firewood the first 20 years of my lilfe!  So I came up with Osage Outlaw.  That is the name I sign my bows with.

I go by scrub-buster on a couple of other sites.  That's what my brother-in-law called me when I was younger because I killed litttle scrub bucks every year.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2011, 11:58:46 am »
Nickname and the year I was born.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline Little John

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2011, 12:09:11 pm »
No Robin Hood here just one of the merry men.         Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2011, 12:19:53 pm »
In high school when I wanted an email, my name was taken so I added my football number.
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline profsaffel

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2011, 12:22:59 pm »
Easy... Professor (short hand) plus last name.
Professor of History, Student of Bowyery

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 12:34:20 pm »
We keep some of our horses year around in a couple of huge pastures across the road from the house.  Sometimes they are out of sight for several days and I go looking for them to see if they had become wolf bait.  Have not lost one yet, but have had to actually run some wolves off when they had some of my horses surrounded.  There has been lots of cattle losses in the valley and one horse due to the wolves.  In the winter after the elk season is closed the gate to the forest is closed and I can see the horses as they wait to be fed in the snow and cold.  We can see them most of the time from the kitchen window.  Early on Mike "Hawkbow" Huston started calling me wolfwatcher and there is not a day goes by that we don't start the day and continue to watch for them.  We saw three day before yesterday in the front pasture.  They seemed to be only passing through and as long as we have the big elk herds the wolves feed on them.  We see them in the hills, but are not allowed to shoot them due to the "Endangered Classification"!  I got the Indian Joe name in the early 70s going to the grade schools dressed in my Indian gear to demonstrate knapping and tell the "Indian Story"  and that name has hung on ever since!
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 12:42:17 pm »
How about Pokie, Pokie?    ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 12:58:22 pm »
My name was given to me the day I made eagle scout by a native American friend at first I didn't like it you know being young and stupid I wanted something more manly like runs with axe  lol. So the years went by and I then picked up the blacksmithing trade and all of my friends had cool names for there blacksmith business like hillbilly hilander forge, and dragon forge ect... So I spent a few days thinking and then it hit me my name was skyarrow why not use skyarrow blacksmithing for my business name and then on people started calling me by may given NA name and i love it  and now I am into PA it fits very well pluss I think I lived like my name when I was younger I was like the flying arrow I tried to fly high and far and now that I am older I found my path and now stable and close to the ground. So here I am I think it's amazing how my NA elder friend new the perfict name lol.  I could have made it bloodmoonwidow which is my Xbox live gamer tag and a charicture from world of warcrat pc game lol ttyl and hope y'all enjoyed my story

Sterling " skyarrow"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 01:15:01 pm by skyarrow »
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline Keenan

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2011, 01:09:44 pm »
Pat,  :-[ :-[ All these years I thought it as (Pat Beard)  :D :D :D

HatchA

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2011, 01:44:34 pm »
Surname is Hatch

BIG fan of MetallicA

Back in secondary (high) school - I went by the moniker HatchA (drawn the same way as the bandname - with the hooks on the first and last letters).

Offline sonny

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2011, 01:47:20 pm »
Sonny was my Dad's nickname and now that he's no longer around I use it in memory of him......

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.