Author Topic: Explain your screen name?  (Read 27795 times)

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
Re: Explain your screen name?
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2011, 02:05:41 pm »
well after readin these mines not interesting , first name and year i was hatched ... and cracker was already taken!!

Offline Jesse

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2011, 02:17:55 pm »
Some interesting ones and ones I was wrong about. OutbackBob---I thought it meant outback like Australian outback not out back in the back yard :D :D
Wolf watcher-- I didn't realize you actually watched wolves daily  cool 8)
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2011, 02:30:22 pm »
Pat:  I lived off and on many times with my Indian Grandfarther.  He gave nick names to all of us kids.  I am just glad that "hyper"  had not been invented yet.  My wife calls me Pokie when she likes me and all my old friends do also!  One of them is dead and the other on lives in Nebraska!  Considering some of the names I have been referred to I would choose that name a lot.  I have been thinking of having a double name tag at the Classic as I still have trouble putting two monikers together.  Sounds like there will be a lot of new faces there this year and I am anxious to meet and talk to them and maybe learn both their names. 
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline jthompson1995

• Parkville, MD
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2011, 02:45:24 pm »
Mine's first initial and last name then the year I met my better half, same year I graduated High School.
A man who works with his hands is a laborer, a man who works with his hands and his mind is a craftsman, but a man who works with his hands, his mind and his heart is an artist. - Louis Nizer (1902-1994)

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2011, 03:13:17 pm »
It took a while for me to come up with a name because I have so many different hobbies and skills.  I'm a jack of all trades.  I thought, OK I'll pick "jackofalltrades" but that was taken as an email address.  So, I thought, how about "jackofallcrafts" but that was taken also.  So I just shortened it to "jackcrafty".   ;D
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Grunt

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2011, 06:51:07 pm »
I was a rifleman with the Walking Dead battalion of the Ninth Marines in Vietnam. We were called grunts because that's how we lived and communicated, grunts and gestures. Funny how things stay with you.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2011, 07:15:20 pm »
I live in Iowa and like to bow hunt. People are from all over so I thought it would be cool to have a location as part of the name. Also WHAT IS COOLER THAN IOWA!!!!!!!!
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2011, 07:32:37 pm »
Daniel Boone and many many others would travel from NC to Kentucky for extended hunts to collect animal hides, mostly deer. They would return and trade for what they needed. The extended hunts and hunters became known as "longhunters" for the long periods of time they hunted away from home. I'm in NC, so hence "NCLONGHUNTER". I have participated in 18th Century reenacting for many years traveling to Tnn, Kentucky and WV.
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline shikari

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2011, 08:26:10 pm »
My friends bck in India called me Shikari which means hunter in the language as I was the only hunter in the group and it stuck.

HatchA

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2011, 08:26:19 pm »
We were called grunts because that's how we lived and communicated, grunts and gestures.

I heard many years ago that they were called "grunts" because whenever anyone asked what their IQ level was, they'd reply "huh?"  ???

Glad to have it corrected by someone that was/is one :)

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2011, 08:37:48 pm »
 My dad's from eastern Kentucky. When we would go there on vacation I always came back with that Eastern Appallation draw and my friends would call me a hillbilly ::)  It only lasted a few days, and then it was back to talkin like a dang Yankee ;D Year I was born on the end of it.
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2011, 09:39:38 pm »
I came to this site a year or so ago to research "how to make a wood bow" for one of my other hobbies,with no intention of actually getting hooked. so I picked a dorky name, paying homage to a Mony Python like film "Eric the Viking" (I know not a Python film but directed by one of them and starring two more). Although I am Danish on my mothers side(Jellison). Oh and my first name is Eric.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2011, 10:04:15 pm »
  When I first got on PaleoPlanet and then Primitive Archer I thought we had to have a fake name. So, I chose mullet because my ancestors were commercial mullet fisherman and oyster men. Mullet is the only fish to have a gizzard like fowl. Now It seems like I'm really stuck with the "mullet" nickname, now.

Joe; You're "Indian Joe" nickname really hits home, that was my Grandfathers name when he rode the rodeo circuit in the thirties.

"Cracker", Ronnie, down here a Florida Cracker got that name for popping the bull whips driving the Scrub cows out of the Swamps during round-up, or Cattle Drives to Kissimmee or Punta Gorda.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cracker

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2011, 11:43:03 pm »
Hi Eddie the wagon drivers got it for cracking the whip to make the horses pull.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2011, 08:18:02 am »
jamie,  i hated my name as a kid because i grew up during the the bionic man and woman series on tv (jamie summers, bionic woman). used to get picked on relentlessly till one day i snapped and beat the snot out of 4 kids at my bus stop.  i constantly moved as a kid and everytime a handful of dumba$$es would start on me at whatever school i was at. id be patient and deal with it. then my mom would get the phone call. now i carry the name proudly. real name is james and its too formal for me.
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct