Author Topic: wife's bow  (Read 5041 times)

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
wife's bow
« on: February 22, 2011, 04:29:16 pm »
finished this one today , hickory selfbow 58 inches tip to tip 1 1/2 at fades 35 lbs at her 24 inches tillered to my 28 for safety. tips flipped and painted with green acrlic little black vine work for deco !!

on a side note the creek in the back ground is Kolomoki creek which is in my back yard roughly 60 yrds from the house. it flows out of the indian mound state park of the same name. i am a mile down stream

Offline half eye

Re: wife's bow
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 04:37:46 pm »
Thats a wicked lookin static Ken.....nicely done, sir. Sent ya a PM just back from the Hospital....got to go back for a couple more days.
rich

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 04:39:24 pm »
beauty of a bow Ken. tiller looks great. the braced photo is really nice. awesome playground you have in your back yard. that bow fits the scenery. good job.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 04:54:06 pm »
Beautiful Bow Ken!  I really like the vine decorations and tiller looks great as usual for you.  Your wife should love it.  Bookmarked for February BOM contest too!  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline DEllis

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 05:41:07 pm »
Nice little bow Ken, I like the paint.
Darcy :)
Darcy Ellis
Fort Fraser BC Canada eh!

Offline bubby

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 06:13:59 pm »
reral nice bow Ken,  you're wife is gonna love it,look's like a shooter, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 06:19:48 pm »
Good lookin bow, guess I better finish my wifes bow now when she sees this she is gonna tell me to get out to the shop and get going on it ;D Nice job ken

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 06:43:44 pm »
Good lookin bow, guess I better finish my wifes bow now when she sees this she is gonna tell me to get out to the shop and get going on it ;D Nice job ken

Josh

LOL everytime I wanted to work on a bow I would tell my wife that I was going out to the shop to work on hers when I was really out there working on numerous other projects instead...  ;D ;D  She thought it took me 6 months of diligent working to get her bow finished.  :D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 06:48:16 pm »
 ;D Thats funny lol yes hunny I have been putting more time into your bow than any other lol
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 07:47:58 pm »
Nice work, that paint job works as camo so well it took me half an hour to spot the bow in that first pic. ;D
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline NTD

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 08:53:37 pm »
Beautiful work Ken!  One of your purtiest I think ;)
Nate Danforth

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 10:37:21 pm »
 Very nice Ken. And the bow's not bad either >:D She should enjoy that one. Ya did a piece of Hickory justice ;)
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 11:11:51 pm »
thanks everyone i really enjoy shooting with her even though shes a fair weather shooter !! thanks for all the kind words its great doing what i love with the best material out there .

Offline profsaffel

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 11:49:06 pm »
Hey, that bow rocks! Thanks for sharing. Not only does the bow design look great, but the decoration is fun and sleek.
Professor of History, Student of Bowyery

Offline wvarcher

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 12:47:23 am »
Ken, i'm always surprised a how creative you are.  Another nice looking bow.