Author Topic: Another J. D. Duff Yew War Bow (Finally)  (Read 38085 times)

sagitarius boemoru

Re: Another J. D. Duff Yew War Bow (Finally)
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2007, 07:48:41 pm »
JD  It lenghtens the draw and aligns bones and joints. You are completelly different morpohology than me, tall and wirry, so you draw differently than me, but you can get all the working elements in one line.
Take a look on picture of me with that long draw in my "tutorial" thread.

I m first to admit there are far better longbowmen than me, but I did a good deal of work about "how to sqeeze most perfomence out of really small machinel" and you dont really recgnise how tiny I m untill I stand next to normaly sized person. Hahahaha :)

I like that dynamic release you do, but once you start to level on any sort of target, or even on clout type of target, youll find out that very solid stance is needed and you probably go lower in knees. The "jumpy jumpy" part is funny to watch though :D

Jaro

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2007, 08:15:29 pm »
Wow! That bow is drop dead gorgeous! Great job! I really like the tiller on it, very good job on that also.
      Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

duffontap

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2007, 09:24:11 pm »
Jaro,
Thanks for referring to me as wiry.'  I was thinking along the lines of 'tall and fat.'   ;D  I am trying to watch my figure though. 
On a more serious note, I hadn't thought about the accuracy side of things.  I guess if I were trying to hit something I'd have to hold still during my release.  I have some big cardboard boxes to start shooting at.

1/2 Primitive,
Thanks so much.  I appreciate it.

J. D. Duff

jb.68

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2007, 03:09:24 pm »
I was thinking along the lines of 'tall and fat.'   ;D  I am trying to watch my figure though. 
       J. D. Duff

;D Heehe I fall into that catagory too.

Can we have a close up of the bow JD? Thanks.

duffontap

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2007, 04:46:56 pm »
Sure.  What kind of close-up?  Did you see the pics at the beginning of this thread? 

BTW, I gain about 25# during the ice cream season (winter) and now I have to kill myself on my road bike to get ready for Elk hunting.   :P  I have a ways to go before I'll be really wiry. 

J. D. Duff

jb.68

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2007, 07:32:43 pm »
 ::) ::) Stupid boy...... Yes that'll be the kind of close ups I was thinking of (I did see them but I have a small brain ;D )thanks  :).
That is a beauty mate. I love the shine on the back, combined with that grain on the belly. Really nice job mate. Thanks.