Author Topic: Trade Points/Bandsaw material  (Read 9266 times)

JustinNC

Trade Points/Bandsaw material
« on: February 25, 2011, 06:58:19 pm »
I can make the trades to your specifications and put a rough sander edge on them, or can hand sharpen for a little more loot.

Or can send an agreed length of bandsaw material, same stuff Id make the trades from.

Looking for sinew, possibly feathers, and maybe shaft material.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Trade Points/Bandsaw material
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 02:26:30 am »
Justin, I'd be interested in some trade points. I have hill cane and some different hardwood shoots and also sinew.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

JustinNC

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 11:08:22 am »
Pat, you got a particular pattern you like for them?

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 11:26:32 am »
Justin, do you want raw dried tendon or pounded sinew?  I have some raw tendons and back sinew I could trade,  from Nebraska and Texas deer.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 11:50:18 am »
Justin, do you have styles already made up? If so, I'd like to see them. If not a basic triangle, 1" to 1 1/4" across the base and about 2 1/4" long with side slots.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

JustinNC

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 03:42:06 pm »
I had a few pat but I nixed them. They had a tang and were hard to get symmetrical.

Processed or unprocessed makes no difference to me, itd just make a difference in number of points traded.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 05:44:42 pm »
I have material but no good way to cut it.  ::)     How about I send you the sinews I have and you make and send me as many points as it will get. It will probably be 15 tendons or so.

JustinNC

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 05:58:01 pm »
Not sure I follow what ya mean?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 08:04:39 pm »
I'll mail the sinew to you. After you recieve the sinew, you determine how many trade points you will make for that amount of sinew and send the trade points to me in return.

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 08:05:04 pm »
I would like to see what your finished product looks like I have access to bandsaw material as well from a mill going out of buisness thanks

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

JustinNC

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 09:57:40 pm »
Josh they're nothing special. The ones I'm making for Pat will be similar to the ones Pappy posted on here a while back. A search will likey turn them up.

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 10:02:06 pm »
K ill do a search thanks

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Eric Garza

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 06:52:40 pm »
You emailed me recently interested in trading points for processed back sinew.  Did you ever measure the thickness of the steel you're using? 

Can you make a point that looks like this:  http://www.uvm.edu/~egarza/Point.jpg

How many of these can I get for an ounce of processed sinew?  Or, how many ounces of processed sinew would it take to get 10 of these points made?  I'd want them to be single bevel.

JustinNC

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 07:11:49 pm »
Possibly Eric. Sorry, I havent had a chance to get out there to measure the thickness of what I have. I've been Mr Mom the past 3 days lol.

I'll set a reminder on my phone to check tonight when I get home.

I can make a prototype for you, no strings attached, if you like it, we can work out a deal.

The style Pat wants is a little easier, so they should be no problem.

Since Pat committed, I'm going to make his first, then I'll get a template drawn up to those specifications and see what I can do and we'll go from there.

In the mean time, don't hold it if you have another deal come up Eric. It shouldnt take me too long to do these for Pat, but I don't want to tie up any potential trades you may have in the mean time.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 10:02:16 pm »
Justin, I want to have single bevel edges on my points of no edge at all and I can file them.