Author Topic: My 72" War Bow  (Read 20924 times)

Offline ber643

• Bernie Dunn's Home Page
Re: My 72" War Bow
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2007, 06:26:57 pm »
Geeze, ya keep busy/away for a week or so and ya come back to find your ol' friends tryin' tuh hurt their backs  - per-na-mental-ly. What is wrong with you, Pat??? Let James pull that (beautiful Yew) bow with his own durn Boa constrictors. Great bow but please go back to reg-lar bows, or youth bows, before we all have to visit you in the traction ward  ;D I know you ain't as old, or puny, as me but you ain't no kid n'more. Oh yeah, fine-ice job, as usual, buddy.

(aside for you and Dick B. - it looks like I am not gonna make it to Hickory after all. I came back from Baltimore with a bad cold - that I was trying to get before I went. I am still hoping, as it is a huge disappointment to me. I feel a little better today but unless i am improved a 100% tomorrow, it's out of the Question.)
"Hunters Are People Too" (My website Premise)
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC

jamie

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2007, 09:02:49 pm »
pat i was chuckiling at the "full draw" pic and my daughter walked up and started laughing. awesome looking bow i still want to do one just to see if i can shoot it. peace

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2007, 12:23:17 am »
Bernie, I'm not about to try to pull this bow any farther than I did in the pic. I know my limits ::)...well at least with some things. ;D  Sorry you're feeling bad and that we won't see you this weekend.
  Jamie, you ought to try one. this piece of yew was the best I've seen personally. It was a pleasure to work. Tomorrow the bow goes to someone that can shoot it.  I did that full draw pic specifically for the guys over on the War Bow thread. Some of them have a sense of humor too. ;D Glad you and your daughter like it...but that is how far I can pull it. ;D   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2007, 09:42:51 pm »
Just got back from the NC State Trad Championships. Jason Butner, Arts Butner's son, pulled my bow with ease. This isn't the classic stance or draw but beggars can't be choosers.  Here is the pic!
            Pat

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Knapperderg

• Kamron D, MO
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2007, 09:59:45 pm »
Have fun tryin to break that one very cool ;D
Well... I'm with you fellers.
Delmar

Offline tarsus

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2007, 11:56:29 pm »
Beautiful Bow Pat!!!  Very Impressive ;D  David
"I practice falconry, the ancient art of throwing angry pointy birds at things."    Larry Dixon

David
Louisville, Ky

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2007, 12:06:14 am »
David, It was impressive to watch Jason pull the bow! ;D    Thanks.     
Derg, Thanks     Pat

Offline welch2

• redneck heathen
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2007, 12:10:47 am »
Are you sure your going to be able to give that one away?

Ralph

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2007, 12:29:41 am »
Ralph. I have plenty of bows that I can shoot! I sure don't need one that I can't shoot! ;D I got enough of a thrill just working with such a beautiful piece of wood.    Pat

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2007, 01:00:40 am »
  Very nice bow Pat.Whew,Art's boy is a big'un.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2007, 01:20:37 am »
 Thanks Eddie.   Jason is a brick layer and concrete finisher. Like his Dad, he's a very nice guy. My friend Alan had a 95# Ferguson long bow that the 2 of us couldn't brace together. Jason just zipped the string on and pulled it to full draw about 3 or 4 times and all he could say was...SWEEEEEEET! ;D  Pat

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2007, 02:52:18 am »
Pat thats just a sweeet bow.....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Asiertxu

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2007, 07:01:30 am »
AWESOME WORK Pat!!!.... 8) 8) 8) 8)....REALLY COOL!!!... :) :) :) :)...
The tiller look´s  PERFECT full-compass shaped circle...
All of that Warbow is IMO EXCELLEN!!...
Cheers and keep up that cool job Pat...
Asier.
//Asier from "Basque Country" Spain.

Offline ber643

• Bernie Dunn's Home Page
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2007, 08:16:26 am »
A pleasure to see tha pic of your Yew bow at Full Draw, Pat, and a real pleasure to see Art's son handle it so easily from a regular stance. The FD will appear on my TBD pages. I've seen and talked to Art any number of times but never happened to see Jason, I don't believe - or maybne that's my lousey memory again. Anyhoow, I love the look of the bow.

Check It Out: http://residents.bowhunting.net/bsdunn/tbd12.htm
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 09:57:01 am by ber643 »
"Hunters Are People Too" (My website Premise)
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2007, 10:20:31 am »
Thanks Bryan, Asier and Bernie.   Bernie we missed you this weekend at Hickory. Hope you're feeling better. Your site is coming along nicely. Thanks for all your work on it.     Pat