Author Topic: Snake Skinning day  (Read 38759 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: Snake Skinning day
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2011, 10:04:20 pm »
That's funny Bill!!! Yep.. Growing up mine were, el cucuy, la mano peluda and la migra in that order... ie... Booty man, the hairy hand and the border patrol...
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2011, 01:46:38 am »

HickoryBill, I don't know how it is on this site, or with the members on here...... But in the FD, you NEVER, let them know what bugged you, or what you were afraid of ! ;)  Because sure as can be, you would be faced with it with in a SHORT time period, and not just once! ::) ;D  Like the frozen Coral snake in the Med box...... ;D

Wayne

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2011, 02:22:14 am »

HickoryBill, I don't know how it is on this site, or with the members on here...... But in the FD, you NEVER, let them know what bugged you, or what you were afraid of ! ;)  Because sure as can be, you would be faced with it with in a SHORT time period, and not just once! ::) ;D  Like the frozen Coral snake in the Med box...... ;D

Wayne

Hey guys, I am scared of straight Osage!! Terrified in fact. Would hate to find any sneaking up on me!!! >:D

Bevan R
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline criveraville

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2011, 02:40:10 am »
That's right!!! I'm with Bevan.. I abhor primo back sinew... The horror!! The horror!!!
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2011, 03:10:55 am »

;D ;D ;D ;D  I guess it is worth a try.... ;)

Wayne

Offline criveraville

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2011, 02:19:42 pm »
I meant to say boogy man.. NOT  booty man... my mistake.. happens often on my phone..  ::)

Offline stickbender

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2011, 06:34:44 pm »

I was wondering about that.....Booty man?  So what is the phonetic pronunciation of "Cucuy" Coo Cooee?

Wayne

Offline criveraville

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2011, 06:51:44 pm »
yep.. it is "coo coo Y"

Offline NTD

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2011, 07:19:58 pm »
All I can say is..... god how I hate snakes!!! I got the chills just looking at your pics!!!  Everyone has that one thing they are scared to death of, mine is... snakes!!!

Well, I have to say I have no irrational fears...but there are legitimate things I'm afraid of...like bows exploding during first brace etc. But no "phobias" I really don't quite understand phobias.....
Nate Danforth

Offline johnston

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2011, 07:34:13 pm »
Don't get out much.. I did not know there were boas in Texas or at least didn't remember it.  By the way, every year at my physical my doc turns into the Bootyman with thin rubber gloves. Out to be illegal to mess with a man's turd-cutter.

Lane

Offline stickbender

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2011, 08:27:39 pm »

Aha.... coo coo Y, Gracias Mijo.  ....... Mee ho.... ;D  Aww... just go with , Gracias mi amigo. ;)    Aieeeee aki!  este el Cucuy!!
Buh wha ha ha ha ...... now you can't see me, but I can see you......  better check under the bed..... Ooooowheeeeoooooo.....oh, and the closet, yeah, the closet..... pay no mind to the big bloody Cuchillo in mi mano pelado....... ;D >:D ;D ;D

Sorry, My nephew is Puerto Rican, and I was just thinking of when the family comes down and stays at my brothers house.......But I don't think they speak spanish though.....Not a lot at any rate..... well, I will just have to use english..... ;D ;D  Maybe a few scratching sounds on the bedroom door.....then leave, and wait till the next day to see how they slept. ;D

Wayne

Offline stickbender

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2011, 08:38:46 pm »

Oooops make that la mano "peluda" ::)  I hope pelado doesn't mean anything bad ........if it means anything at all. ::)

Wayne

Offline criveraville

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2011, 02:11:58 pm »
Lane, no.. Thoses boas and pythons were given to me dead.. Pets that passed on.  Wayne that's just funny... Nope.. Pelado just means dude... and peluda  harry...

Offline criveraville

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2011, 02:12:14 pm »
Lane, no.. Thoses boas and pythons were given to me dead.. Pets that passed on.  Wayne that's just funny... Nope.. Pelado just means dude... and peluda  harry...

Offline stickbender

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2011, 04:36:19 pm »

Thanks Cipriano, I was worried, I might have accidently said something like..." Bread.....Eight    ;) ::) >:D  Wouldn't want the kids to ask their dad what that meant......  Well it's a hairy.... :o  Who told you that ?!!!  I don't think the kids speak Spanish, but my Neice speaks a little, and her Husband does.  I have a Freind who came over when Castro was letting them go, and he gew up in Belle Glade.  Farming community, and pretty much redneck central.  His dad of course worked at the Sugar mill.  Well he didn't speak any english at all when he came here, and then he learned redneck english.  So when he spoke it was Walll, .......I .......reckon.......we ......kin.....go........down........the........road..........and .....get.....sumptin....ta......eat.  But he spoke Spanish fluently.......but not with a good Cuban accent, so he would go spend a few weeks, at his relatives homes, and get his accent down.  But he still speaks redneck english. ;D

Wayne