Author Topic: north carolina  (Read 2963 times)

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
north carolina
« on: March 03, 2011, 07:48:30 am »
hey guys i may be in the boone area in a couple weeks purchasing trees and shrubs. i know a couple of ya are in the vacinity. like to bump into ya if i could. maybe somebody could point me in the direction of some cry-a-lot.  ;D
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

JustinNC

Re: north carolina
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 09:01:10 am »
About an hour and a half southeast. TJ/nugget is fairly close to Boone. Another gentleman, Wataugan is in Boone. Jonathan Creason about the same distance as I am. James Parker is an hour or so away from Boone. TJ is closest that I know of that is fairly active on here, he'd know who's close up there. Pat and Steve a feww hours south west.

Offline jamie

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 09:06:10 am »
hopefully i have some extra time so i can get together with some of ya. i'll keep you informed of my plans.
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

JustinNC

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 09:12:47 am »
Bryan irwin is 5min from me, wade/n2everything is an hour or a little more to the east from boone, hmmm it's still early and I'm not firing on all 8 cylinders.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 09:51:01 am »
James is about 30 minutes from Boone if you drive like me. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

JustinNC

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 09:54:56 am »
I've been to Boone a million times and been up to James' but never from James to Boone. I was just guessing as a buddy of mine drove from jefferson to boone to work for a few years. I'll take your word for it though Eddie haha

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 10:22:14 am »
Jamie, you might check the Mast General Store while you're there...   http://www.mastgeneralstore.com/

Piper is having a knapping day on the 19th of March if that is when you are here.
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

JustinNC

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 11:26:46 am »
When I said I wasnt running on all 8, I wasnt kidding....you're looking for some cry-a-lot, not just members from the area...oops

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 11:37:12 am »
I'm scheduled to be in NC from June through August. May be able to catch a day off and meet up with some of ya. I'll bring it back up then..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline jamie

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 05:03:12 pm »
actually id rather break rock with you guys, but finding rock is a bonus too. =)

waterbury, ct

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 09:13:17 pm »
I am less than an hour from Boone. TreyNC is less than 30 min from Boone.
Ill PM you my phone# and address.
Love to get together
TJ
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

JustinNC

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 09:47:26 pm »
Jamie did you get my PM

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 10:09:16 pm »
Hey guys, I'm going to be in Concord. How far is that from ya'll?
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline nugget

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 10:13:39 pm »
about hour and a half for me
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline nugget

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 10:14:31 pm »
you will be closer to justin, jonathan, bryan, and wade