Author Topic: extra bowstring ?  (Read 1970 times)

Offline sonny

extra bowstring ?
« on: March 08, 2011, 10:52:06 pm »
I tend to hunt with the same bow throughout the season, though sometimes I'll grab a different bow...
am always concerned about breaking or cutting a string and not having a back-up. It dawned on me the other day that
I could carry an extra long string, one that'll do for my longest bow at least, that has a loop on one end and that's well
waxed on the other such that I could tie a bowyer's knot wherever I need to.........
am I forgetting anything ??

..just dawned on me that the center serving would have to be especially long to ensure it'll work for my shortest
or my longest of bows.
otherwise,,anything else y'all can think of ??

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: extra bowstring ?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 01:27:31 am »
Glenn, don't worry about putting the serving on the string. It will shoot without it.  ;D  You could carry some tape to put around the string so nocks fit snugly on the string if that is a problem. On some of my primitive style bows I don't add serving to make the brown B-50 look less modern.  ;D  Also, any "extra" string should be pre-stretcher well so you don't have to keep adjusting it while using it.. 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC