Author Topic: sycamores?  (Read 4189 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: sycamores?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 01:13:17 pm »
Auggie....play nice... >:D......I have made many...many joes from Sycamore....I believe that it makes a great bow....just don't expect 70 pounders from it....I have made paddle bows...recurves.....deflex/reflex ...I believe it is a very resilient wood with a lot of missed potential....jmo
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline jturkey

• I wouldn't make it a habit calling me that!
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 01:28:59 pm »
el destructo which type of sycamore have you used the acer or planntius. and was looking for about 30 lb molly bow. for fun shooting rabbits
doc

Offline keef

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 04:32:22 pm »
  I'm not understanding the last post. There are not two types of sycamore Sycamore is ,acer psudoplatanus Its a species of tree of the family acer ie Maple,  and the type is psudoplatanus simple as that, and the scientific names were created to get rid of any confusion, no matter which language or country you came from.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 04:37:13 pm by keef »

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 04:41:04 pm »
Jturkey....any American Sycamore is Bow Wood....all member of the Maple Family...and will make a fine medium weight bow...if tillered properly.
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome