Author Topic: Rhyolite run and thoughts on finding rock.  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Ncsnipe

Rhyolite run and thoughts on finding rock.
« on: April 21, 2011, 12:50:43 am »
Went on another run today and found a little. Most of the stuff today was gray, also some black that was really primo glassy looking and very little green. Jamie was right, a 2 pound hammer is not big enough to get the job done right. Ran into slabs that were a couple hundred pounds that I couldn't carry and could not break down. This is a spot I found by looking at clues. The first thing I did was locate Morrow mountain on a map. The next thing I did was to drive to areas outside the park. Step three was to look for streets or businesses with flint in the name. The final step was to look for cuts or new sub divisions going up. I don't know if this will always work but it worked for me.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Rhyolite run and thoughts on finding rock.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 01:51:24 am »
I'd say it worked! I have yet to find flint around any construction, excavations, that sort of thing. My stuff is always in creeks and pastures, hmm..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 09:44:45 am »
Nice haul. You are a rhyolite seeking ninja  ;D
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

JustinNC

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 10:47:36 am »
Looks like a good haul.

Offline bryan irwin

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 11:47:23 pm »
nice haul.
bryan irwin