Author Topic: Found a suprise inside a stave  (Read 3644 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Found a suprise inside a stave
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 10:17:10 pm »
Your not showing where it is in relation to the bending part of each Limb....there is a good possibility that You could leave it in there and Tiller it out with the Round right where it is...I would surely give it a go ...before I pulled it out....JMO
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 10:43:38 pm »
It is in the mid-limb, right where you should start tapering towards the tip.  It is about 1 1/2" thick still and the bullet is mushroomed out inside the knot.  As mush as I would like to leave it there, it just isn't possible.  I'm just hoping to be able to make it into a bow.  The growth rings aren't very good at all, so I am making it overbuilt and low stress.  I was just working on chasing a ring on it.  I feel like a surgeon working on somebody.  Here is what I have done on it so far.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 12:12:26 am »
I bet it will be fine...here is a Picture a a nasty knot in one of mine....and it's 9 years old now! And the Rings were really thin and tight on this one...
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Stiks-N-Strings

• life really is pretty damn simple, just live it!
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 02:01:37 am »
That is the kind of holes I like in a bow. Sweet find right there.

Stiks
learned a great deal many things during my absence the last few years,
True friends are rare and priceless.
You always think it won’t happen to you, well it can it will. Such is life, it ain't fair and shows no indifference. Enjoy it anyway