Author Topic: Message from Home  (Read 22062 times)

JustinNC

Re: Message from Home
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2011, 02:34:07 pm »
Havent posted, but been sending a few up for you, and will continue to do so.

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2011, 09:02:04 pm »
Prayers and thoughts for you and your family.  It's good that you can be there with and for him.

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2011, 06:17:23 am »
... I was with my dad when he passed and it ant easy but I would think better than not being their. ...

So true.
Frank from Germany...

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2011, 01:40:13 pm »
i will be praying for you and your family..john

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2011, 02:38:47 pm »
Thanks Guys....and Pappy...you are totally correct....aunt easy....threw is no way that I would not be here....and is he holds on longer than I can away home....at least I git to spend quality time with Him before he passes.
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline stickbender

« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2011, 04:39:01 am »

El D, that is far more important than you can realize, for both of you.  For him now, and for you later on, knowing you were there, and not wishing you had gone.  It makes the journey to the other side far more easy for him, with you there, even if you have to leave before then.  It gives him peace of mind, knowing he did well with you, and peace of mind for you knowing you were there to tell him what he means to you, and to thank him for all he has done for you.  Including knocking some of the rough edges off of you when you needed it. ;D  Again, Buddy, my thoughts and prayers are with You and your Dad and Family.

Wayne

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2011, 11:58:05 am »
Thanks Wayne...He's doing  good....ain't eating much...says he ain't hungry...and when he doew eat....he's picking....got one Lymph Gland swelling in his neck....and is on oxygen more now too.
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline RG

« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2011, 12:30:51 am »
You know I am with you Mike hang in there and be tough

Ron

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2011, 01:07:42 am »
Thanks Ron....
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Keenan

« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2011, 12:01:04 pm »
 Mike Your in our hearts and prayers daily Bro. Through this life the only thing that really matters is the relationships that we build along the way. I can tell by your words that you both hold that high in priority, Hold fast to the hope in the life to come.  I am trying to spend some time with my parents as well as mom has Alzheimer's and dad has had two recent heart attacks. That is why I'm driving down to Texas after the Classic so I can spend a little time.  Take one day at a time and be there when you can. I am sure that hes has cherished every minute that you have been there.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2011, 03:00:33 am »
Thanks Keenan....Hospice Nurse came over...checked Dads lungs...said the pneumonia was going away....lungs sounded good...then she checked his B.P.....it was a little high....she drew blood....the results came back....his Hemoglobin was down...white count is up.....and platelets are down too....so not good news at all....the leukemia is doing it work destroying blood cells...so its just a matter of time.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Otis

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2011, 07:21:06 am »
Sorry to hear that Mike. I've been thinking about you and your family alot lately and still praying for you. Be strong and hang in there. Lost my dad almost ten years ago now. 
                                                   David

Offline cracker

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2011, 09:43:42 am »
Mike for what it's worth I'm with you in mind and spirit. Hang in there buddy. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2011, 02:35:56 am »
Woke up this morning...and Dad was like he was when I came Home last Summer...all full of shit...went to my Sisters across the Road to Shower..cause dad was going to shower and get ready for Company...well when I got back He had an episode in the Shower...he ran out of Air..got Him back on Oxygen...but everything went downhill from that point..never ate all day...had problems drinking...and was choking on everything He swallowed...Called the Doctor..and got him to prescribe some sort of Mouthwash that coats His Mouth and throat..and numbs it to help Him to swallow again...seemed to help a bit....He hasn't eaten in days now...He has blood in his Urine ...I can't imagine the pain He is in...but He admits to none...won't touch the Morphine..It has been a rough go for all of Us...I am so glad that I have such strong Sisters to help me stay strong ...because I am supposed to be the Strong One right now...I am the Eldest...it's my Job to be here for them all...I just pray it comes swift...He don't deserve this...He's too strong and proud of a Man to go out this way...
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2011, 11:58:10 am »
My Father passed at 6:15 this morning...after days of terrible suffering....I hate myself  for feeling glad that He has gone...but He is at Peace now I lost my Dad...my Hunting and Fishing partner...and my Friend...I am just thankful that He was given another 16 months from His Bladder Cancer to get to see how my two Sons have grown up...and got to make an impression on their lives too.. Rest Now Dad...We all Love You
2024...We Will Overcome