Author Topic: "Summer Stalker" Arrows  (Read 36710 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: "Summer Stalker" Arrows
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 10:31:24 am »
Kegan, Chris is right.  Bob is Seminole, and has been hunting with arrows fletched like this for more years than you and I have been alive. And that is our ages put together. He learned from his grandfather who has built more arrows than you have seen.  If he says the wing feathers will spin them, you can count on it.  I don't expect you to just take his word for it, but go try it and find out before you argue.  If you look real close at a primary, you will discover that it is cupped on the edge that was the trailing edge on the bird. This helps create lift, much like an airplane with its flaps down.  The leading edge is not cupped like the trailing edge.  Your arrows are looking good. Keep making arrows and they will get better.  Bob has probably forgotten more than I will ever know. I will be the first to admit I know very little. But by listening and reading what guys with years of knowledge say, I might learn something one day.  Justin

Here is a link to the original post were Bob posted the one fletch arrows per my request.  http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,2180.0.html
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Kegan

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 02:37:56 pm »
 :-[ I didn't mean to say that I knew more- i didn't even come up with it :o! There was an article in a National Geographic magazine or something  about four or five years ago that had an article about a modern day Native American hunter. I beleive it said something about his arrows, and he explained vaguely how the split feather method worked, and compared it to what I refer to as the "Seminole" fletch. It made sense after thinking about it, at least to me, from, how my arrows shot.

Didn't mean to offend any body on here- that is the LAST thing I  meant to do. I was just confused ;). Guess you can't trust what you read , eh?

Sorry Bob, never meant to offend you :). I never meant to explain it as "fact"- only how I thought to explain it.

Sorry again ;D!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 02:47:50 pm by Kegan »

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 06:21:39 pm »
    Kegan,I wouldn't sweat it.Like Justin and Chris pointed out when they alluded to Bob's advanced age.You know being the elderly type,To quote Justin"Bob has probally forgotten more then I will ever know" Heck he probally won't even remember this tomorrow. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Kegan

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 06:24:14 pm »
I had no idea- I neevr meantot be a smart alleck. I respect and admire everyone on this sight- that is never my intention :)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 06:47:53 pm »
   Where is Bob when we need some Grandfatherly advice. ;)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 06:57:36 pm »
Kegan, don't worry about it. We meant nothing personal by it.  My dear old dad used to tell me I was given two ears and one mouth for a reason.  Now if I could just get someone to tell me what the reason was.  ???  The other thing you will learn as you get a little older is to let it roll right off.  Life is to short to get to worried about it.  Now go make some more arrows, and let us see.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2007, 07:16:40 pm »
   Yep,Watch Justin let it roll off when Bob see's how he was calling him old,heh,heh. ::)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Traxx

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2007, 10:35:56 pm »
Yeah,He is kinda in denial about that,aint he. ::)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 11:14:58 pm »
  Traxx,Oh yea.I just got off the phone with him.Yes Grandfather,no Grandfather..snicker.. ;)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 11:19:32 pm »
                    Kegan-Naw no worries. Was never offended. Was just concerned that it was incorrect info being passed out. Ahem, now you Eddie Parker; "elderly type", " probably wont remember today","grandfatherly advice","bob's advanced age". "yes Grandfather, no Grandfather-snicker".You are a granpa also and your not that far behind me. :o Like we laughed about last weekend I OWE you one fer you know what . This makes THREE dude ! Payback is a bi#@# and its COMIN ! Just want ya to think about it fer a while. Heh-heh -heh ! AND you "buckaroo" in denial huh ! Didn't know you could spell denial 'cause its not on a horse :o Payback # 4. Oh boy its comin' -Think about it y'all. Kegan, back to ya. Keep makin' bows and arrows y'all have a feel fer this and me thinks your'e stuff is gonna get better an better.BTW theres a trick to makin' putt-putt wing feathers spin and I aint gonna tell ya. Keep makin' 'em you will find out fer yourself. Ok, gotta lay down and take a nap now ! HA-HA-HA-HA  ;D ;D ;D. Oh and "Chucklehead 2 " "NON" aint forgot about y'all either "bob"s probably forgot more than I know", woulnd't have to ferget much ! payback #5, isnt this great ? I LUVS IT !!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.......bob"non"
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 12:03:10 am by Kowechobe »

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2007, 11:32:22 pm »
   See Justin,I knew it! for a GLOBAL MODERATOR,you really stirred it up now. :-*
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Traxx

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2007, 12:16:08 am »
HEHEHE!!!!!!! ;D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2007, 01:35:26 am »
Bob, I like your style. Sit back and wait for the moment! ;)...then go for the juggler! ;D ...and I was worried about you! ;)   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2007, 06:24:18 am »
This is better than a soap opera ;D We could call it "As The Arrow Spins"

Kegan don't worry about it is right, I've been putting my foot in my mouth fer years
just get some good mouthwash to kill the taste.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2007, 11:40:50 am »
Speaking of old people, I heard that the reason Eddie makes such nice arrowheads is because he was able to personally watch the Clovis people knapping back when he was a kid....................................His unique jeep hunting methods for pigs and armadillos are a holdover from the days when he chased buffalo on horseback with the Comanche and Arapaho..............and there's a portrait of somebody that suspiciously looks an awful lot like him painted on a cave wall is Lascoux, France....... ;D ;D ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.