Author Topic: Welcome Visitor?  (Read 18286 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Welcome Visitor?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 08:59:00 pm »
My sister in Colorado has had bears crawl in the green house window and eat the tomatoes.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 01:42:18 am »
A few years ago a local woman came home to find a bear in her kitchen. She screamed and caused a racket to scare the bear off and was successful...but the bear grabbed a cake that was sitting on the table before he left.  ;D     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2007, 06:26:56 am »
Sounds like the bear had better manners than some of the house guests I've had before ;D

"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2007, 11:47:27 am »
Pat, fess up- that weren't no bear- hell, that was you in there stealing that poor old woman's cake. She just saw a big hairy critter and thought it was a bear ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2007, 04:17:42 pm »
Justin
That must have been one hungry Bear. I've never even heard of a Bear raiding a garden up here but look out if you have apple trees.

An old farmer down the road told me about some cub Bears that got into one of his apple trees one time. He peppered them with #9 out of a .410. They didn't like it.

Pat
The Bears up here are not that considerate. They are more likely to take your kids on the way out the door, of course with some parents that might just be a blessing :). There's been plenty of Bears trying to and sometimes succeeding in getting into a home around here. They will sometimes renovate or make minor adjustments to the exterior just to get in.

I was going to bed the other night and looked at the window beside my bed, my bed is on the ground floor. I started to think that if that Moose were to be going by and happened to stick his head in the window that he would probably scare the crap out of me.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2007, 04:33:19 pm »
The bears we see around here are passing through. They winter in the Pisgah National Forest and when the turistos show up the bears head for the Greenville, SC watershead where no one is allowed. Brevard just happens to be between the two. They are primarily looking for free food, ie bird feeders.
  A few years ago a woman wrote to the editor of the local news paper and said she wished the G&F Dept would do something about the bears. She said that she was here way before the bears  ???and she wanted to see them gone.   Someone wrote back that she must be pretty damn old to have been here before the bears. ;D    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC