Author Topic: Latest issue  (Read 13813 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Latest issue
« on: March 25, 2011, 12:38:53 pm »
Got mine yesterday,looks like it is going to be another good one,I just scanned it last night and looks like some good stuff, I did read a letter to the editor about Chad's article [Measuring sucess] and didn't quite understand where the guy was coming from, wished he would explain what his problem was ,Maybe a compound shooter with no sense of humor. ;) :) :) I don't know, ??? ??? anyway the magazine looks great,congrats to all the was involved. :) Thanks.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Bevan R.

Re: Latest issue
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 10:20:57 pm »
I went back and reread the article and still do not know what set the guy off.
I don't like any type of scoring systems. I  think we all have to 'score' our successes but that letter seems quite a bit over the top in my view.

Bevan R
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 12:25:32 am »
Emotion plus data equals learning..  ;D maybe that chap learned something new and useful ::)
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 10:54:34 am »
I'm with you BevanR on the scoring but still didn't see any problem or take offence to anything Chad wrote about,I know him very well and I can assure it was all in fun. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 11:37:47 am »
Kudus to Stacey Huston for another fantastic picture on the cover of the latest PA mag.  She is one very talented lady and lives the life we all dream about!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 10:57:12 pm »
I'm with you, Pappy. I just blew it off as someone that doesn't know Chad or his sense of humor.

And Steve's "Medicine Man" is excellent! You're doing a good job Bud', cool information and stories.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline HickoryBill

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 11:48:04 pm »
Personally, I really liked Jon Houk's article," Lost Souls". I can relate to a lot he wrote about. I met Jon a few weeks ago and we started a bowyers friendship. He's a really nice guy and a talented bow builder. The whole magazine is excellent, as usual. I can't get enough!!!
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 12:05:22 am »
Ter reading the letter I still think there was some data that equaled emotion which hopefully led to learning  >:D

HickoryBill I hope you saw the pick of my daughter with that awesome quiver you made!!! Good trade ;D
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 04:27:31 pm »
I'm with you, Pappy. I just blew it off as someone that doesn't know Chad or his sense of humor.

And Steve's "Medicine Man" is excellent! You're doing a good job Bud', cool information and stories.

Thanks, Eddie! And I thought Chad's article was great and funny, hell, everything I've ever read of Chad's was great. Some people just lack a sense of humor, or a sense of reading comprehension, I guess. ???
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 05:01:23 pm »
Steve, I agree that your "Medicine Man" series is as good or better than before.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline John K

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 08:59:30 pm »
Still waiting....maybe tonight !
The only way to fail is to never start !

HatchA

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 10:56:29 pm »

Offline 1776J

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 04:07:20 am »
Hmmm,... I never got my issue in the mail actually!?? 

I got a subscription as a Christmas present.... ???