Author Topic: Look at the mountains between the storms  (Read 5317 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: Look at the mountains between the storms
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 02:33:50 am »
Wayne, I dislike that those lines were used in that manner >:( I absolutly enjoy reading Frost. I'm sorry that you had that experience. Education at times has a tendency to make students dislike great works. It's like the kids that have to write and write snetences as a punishment and grow up to dispise writing all together.

Apple Picking, Mending Fences, and so many more. The imagry makes me naustalgic for the Eastern coast even though I have never been there in person, but I have been there via Frost poetry...

The teacher in me  ::)
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 02:44:18 am »

Who knows, the movie might have revived his work for someone who has never read his work.  I do not know what exactly turned me off from his work, but I think it was his voice.  :P And at the time I was not into poetry. :P  I also did not like ripe olives, now I love them.  ;D  Who knows, maybe I would enjoy his work now. 8)  I have always enjoyed humorous works.  I like Cowboy poetry, and of course the works of Robert Service.   ;)

Wayne

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 10:10:27 am »
Beautiful pictures. Looks cold to me. ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good