Author Topic: sight impaired shooting  (Read 9734 times)

Offline snedeker

sight impaired shooting
« on: June 01, 2007, 12:48:00 pm »
Many know, but for those who don't, I had a serious vision loss situation last year because of some freak, unlucky congenital eye physiology.  I shyed away from shooting for a while, but some buddies convinced me to go at it recently.   Kind of interesting and challenging.  Shooting at 50', I can see the target and the color bands, but i can't see the arrow strike the surface.  With a standard anchor, the arrows are all over the place, but with few total target misses.  So far, if I short draw, sort of ishi style, I do much better.  Aiming at mentally identified dead center, I cluster shots in a sacuer sized area in the NW quadrant of the target.  If I try to adjust for that, they go back to going all over.  My buddies act as target hit announcers, like in long range scopeless rifle shooting. I find it very satisfying.

Dave

Trapper

Re: sight impaired shooting
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 02:20:42 pm »
Dave , have you checked in to getting them fixed or is it somthing they cant fix?  Trapper

Offline snedeker

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 02:54:39 pm »
It can't be fixed.  Optic nerve damage.

Trapper

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 05:33:52 pm »
Man I feel for you dude, I had too go one time two days with my eyes wrapped up and I was by myself , talk about a walk in the dark.      Trapper

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 08:24:54 am »
I feel for you,My eyes aren't what they use to be either but nothing like that,Glad to see you trying to overcome everyone has  things that happen and you just have to go on .Shows character on your part. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Little John

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 01:02:06 am »
Congratulations, glad you can still enjoy your hobbie. None of are what we used to be.  Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell