Author Topic: Elusive sheds & an Osage run...  (Read 6139 times)

Offline snag

Re: Elusive sheds & an Osage run...
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 07:32:31 pm »
You don't look very happy about it by the looks of the picture...must have been tired out.
Is. 49:2 ....He made me a polished arrow and concealed me in His quiver.

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 08:09:36 pm »
LOL Snag, I was more than happy...just REAL tuckered out from two days of hauling wood (and I was a bit nervous about the weight of the load on this muddy field access road, I had gotten my other ride stuck there the day before  ::))

Heck, I'm still grinning from ear to ear when I open the garage door to peak and make sure it's all still there...

Thanks~
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline jgainor

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 01:45:03 am »
Lee do not let "cowboy" fool you he has a girlfriend that would do the same so.......... :)   you may not find many woman like us but the ones that do you better hang on to us!!!!....... lol   
It is amazing how paths of our past cross one another... When they cross the first time you think it will be for a life time.. Until you cross for the second time then you know it will be for a life time...

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 11:52:45 pm »
Lee do not let "cowboy" fool you he has a girlfriend that would do the same so.......... :)   you may not find many woman like us but the ones that do you better hang on to us!!!!....... lol   

I know how good I have it...she treats me way better than I deserve!

~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline cracker

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 07:48:12 am »
Great looking haul Lee not much osage around here just an isolated tree here and there and it looks like gnotted rope,you lucky rascal.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 02:11:15 pm »
Thanks Cracker, I would guess that 90% of the Osage I've stumbled on and located here looks just like that "twisted rope" you described...I got lucky in that some of these Hedge rows are long enough that I am able to find or select 1 good tree out of 15-20.  If I were to start doing "spliced billet" bows I bet I could be up to my ears in usable Osage  ;D but I am still enjoying the idea and process of a single one piece selfbow.

~ Lee

— Aldo Leopold

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 06:43:24 pm »
Great Haul and a fine lookin family. Congrat's !  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 06:51:43 pm »
Thanks Frank, much appreciated!

~ Lee

— Aldo Leopold