Author Topic: Alexacarrie Plantation Hunt  (Read 31044 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Alexacarrie Plantation Hunt
« on: June 03, 2007, 09:25:42 pm »
     Well I just got home from a fine hog hunt.I thought I'd post a teaser,as my camera's batteries went dead after 4 pictures.Chris took a bunch of pictures and is going to post them later.I can say that Chris(Mechlesher) finally got a nice Boar hog.I got a few also.We got some of it on video,but couldn't film Sat. when we hunted all day in T.S. Barry.Which was too bad because we were up to our but in hogs all day.The lodge was unbelieveable.We were supposed to stay in the bunkhouse for the price we paid,but it was about to be painted so we got the Deluxe accomodations.Chris has those pictures.It was like hunting out of a bed and breakfast.It's a good hunt when you come home with meat ,broken arrows and the only ones you lost were stuck in hogs you didn't recover.Well here's my four,Somebody will have to turn one around for me I'm tired.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

Re: Alexacarrie Plantation Hunt
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 09:42:45 pm »
 .............................Nice hawgs Eddie. Glad you had a good trip. Glad Chris got his boar hawg wait 'till he tastes the pork ifn he never has. Yeehaw and yummy. Congradulations./bob

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 10:24:24 pm »
Man that looks like a great time, looks like ya'll are in hawg heaven ;D. So Eddie, are you the one posing with the hog and bow, or are you the one skinning the hog?
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 10:26:24 pm »
    I'm the good looking one cleaning pigs
Lakeland, Florida

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 10:29:55 pm »
That's what I figured  ;D ;D ;D.

When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Indiancharlie

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 11:48:51 pm »
Way to go Eddie.. Tell Chris to hurry up and post those other pictures.....sure wish I had gone with you .....................Charlie

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 12:35:17 am »
Nice work Eddie.  You like how I called it work.  Now when people call and ask what you were doing, you can say working.  ;)  Justin
I fixed the picture.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 12:36:52 am by justin snyder »
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

jamie

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 07:15:50 am »
ed trying to get down there at the end of the year with the family . i told em if we do go im going hunting. even if its just a half day im going. looks like some good eaten pigs there.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 08:19:14 am »
I know yall had fun,nice hogs. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 11:18:37 am »
hey guys,

here are a few more pics.  these were taken inside the lodge.  there are a ton of hogs running around on the alexacarrie plantation.  after a day of hunting i was worrying if i had brought enough arrows.  too bad t.s. barry messed with us sat. afternoon.  there is no telling how many hogs eddie and i could have stalked.

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Wolf Among Dogs

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 03:36:11 pm »
 Way to go!! Nice Hogs guys !!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 07:43:14 pm »
    Jaime,I think they should be tasty.All they were eating was oats.Pappy,we for sure had a good time.I wish the tropical storm hadn't come through.But with the rain we couldn't take the cameras and get some hunting shots.I had the one Chris shot almost run over me,I shot at it's head at about 15' and missed.Then it walked about 20' and fell dead.We had the big silver sow jump up and start popping her teeth at us so we both shot her again.It was exciting.The down side to the hunt was the shot hogs to recovery ratio.I got 2 out of 5.Chris got 1 out of 2.Hate to lose them,especially when you made a killing shot. But hogs don't fall down like deer.What made it rough trailing them was the rain and if it wasn't a big food plot it was Blackberry,rose,and privet thickets.And that's where they headed when they were hit.I did hit one in the ham.He'll live,They are tough.I'd like to see the look on somebodies face if the shoot it in the fall and find that nice black Folsom point I posted in the ham.Heck maybe it will be the one Tred Barta shoots when he tapes another show in Feb.By the way ,the one he taped just before we got there will be on in the fall. It is funny as all get out.Anybody that wants to stalk hogs and not hunt over bait,this is the place.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 01:15:50 pm »
Looks like you had a good hunt, nice hawgs. When's the pig-pickin? I gotta get down that way sometime and try some of that, just couldn't afford it this year. 
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 07:01:44 pm »
    Steve,It would be fun with all of us there.Tim is building another bunkhouse this year.I'm going back and Chris wants to also.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 10:26:05 pm »
Do you have a personal butler in that fancy lodge?  ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.