Author Topic: Alexacarrie Plantation Hunt  (Read 31000 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Alexacarrie Plantation Hunt
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 11:18:50 pm »
   Steve,Yea, we kinda did.Tim Beach ;the owner gave us or provided us with what we needed.It was cool,never been at a place hunting like that.Even got a hat.The web site says you get that with the Deluxe hunt.We got a Bad Boy 4WD golf cart.And when the Battery got low we switched to a 6 wheel Gator.
   The place is a 1000 acres on the Olcmulgee river.Has 9 miles of roads.And he has trails mowed so you can stalk and walk.There is no way you could walk the whole place and carry out the hogs you would kill on foot.
    The bunk house would be great,except for Chris's snoring.Tim put in ear plugs after hearing Chris from the upstairs room through the floor.It has a big patio,BBQ grill,walk in cooler to hang the little piggies till you leave.Save some money up It would be fun.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Ocmulgee Ogre

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 10:30:05 pm »
Well, it took me over a week to track down these two good fer nuttins', Eddie and Chris online.  I'm Tim Beach, owner of Alexacarri Plantation.  I met Eddie this past spring hunting Osceolas down near the Green Swamp WMA in FL, and we seemed to get along pretty good.

These two sure have peeked my interest in traditional archery and left behind some beautiful handmade arrows to adorn my cabin.  I can see where this could turn into another expensive hobby.  These two had enough bows with them to outfit a small tribe of Creeks.   ;D

Eddie and Chris, you two are welcome around my campfire anytime. 

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2007, 10:39:26 pm »
I'll bet they left behind enough arrows in the bushes to build a cabin.  ;D It is not an expensive hobby, unless you count the time we spend. Most of us build our own gear.  It sounds like you have quite a place down there.  Maybe some day I can make it down.  Welcome to our addiction. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2007, 11:10:12 pm »
     Welcome aboard Tim. Don't be fooled by that "Parker" charm ! :o Don't know Chris never met him but Eddie Parker hmm............better leave it at that. ;D "taint expensive as Justin said just takes yer time up. Very rewardin' though. Once again welcome aboard an Eddie told me ya had a very nice place up there..................bob

Offline Ocmulgee Ogre

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2007, 11:54:17 pm »
Justin and Bob,
Thanks for the 'welcome'.

Bob,
I think that snake in the Garden of Eden was charming to Eve.  You don't think ole' Eddie's a snake in the grass, do ya?  ;)

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 12:08:13 am »
 P-sssssssSSSSSSSS ! ;D....bob

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 12:09:18 am »
Welcome Tim. I know both of them and you had your hands full. At least they play well together. ;D...and actually, they are both pretty generous! ;)
   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Tom B

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 05:43:06 pm »
Looks like a great hunt Chris n Eddie.And I'm glad you saw lots of hogs.How heavy is the one in the pic w/ Chris? December would be fun,no Barrys n cooler too. Tom B
Stone points?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 08:15:18 pm »
   Hey Tim,Glad you found us.These guy's are just kiddin' you.They know what a sweet guy I am.I'm really looking forward to coming back in December,Chris is coming too.We are working up some arrows splined in the 70# range.And will be fitted with stone points.Really learned some things about hitting hogs with stone points and not dropping them quick enough with all that thick cover too close by.It's not bad if you can run them awhile.
    I really hate to give up on a blood trail when you know you made a killing shot.But when the thorns get too thick and the rain is coming down there isn't much you can do.We did learn the heart shots,and complete pass throughs pretty much garanteed we recovered them.My pass through shots came from a 70# plus bow with 15 yd shots with steel bladed broadheads.I hated to lose the first pig I shot,got it on video,right where it was supposed.The down side is didn't recover the pig and broke an Art BNutner arrow.The last day I stuck a sow close to 200# with a perfect shot,but lost her in the thorns when she broke the arrow and quit bleeding.the fat closes off the hole quick.Thats why I want to make two holes every time when we go back.
    Chris's pig ,I think weighed 165# and I think I heard Tim say it was the first one shot and recovered with Trad gear.He made a beautiful 15 yard heart shot.When the Boar ran he almost ran over me.I was about 10' from it when Chris shot it.I shot and creased it's forehead.and at least scared it into stopping.then it ran about another 20' and fell over dead.
    Tim,you found your way here now,hang out some.We are alot nicer than some of those guy's on that "call"site.See you in December.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Ocmulgee Ogre

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007, 10:35:12 pm »
Eddie,
You're right.  Chris' bow kill was the first with traditional gear since I've owned the place.   

I appreciate the warm welcome and will be checking in whenever I get the chance.  I have a lot of reading on this forum before I can ask an intelligent question so bear with me.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2007, 10:59:27 pm »
Glad to hear it Tim.The one thing about this site is no queston is a dumb queston.Pull up a log at the camp fire and be welcome.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2007, 11:33:39 pm »
If you wait to ask a question, you will probably already have the answear.   ;) Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2007, 02:45:01 pm »
hey tim,

glad you found us!  we'll have you shooting a real bow in no time.

chris
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

sagitarius boemoru

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2007, 11:27:28 pm »
I wish we could do that here. :/ But its not possible.

Good fun you had.  :D

Jaro

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2007, 11:35:58 pm »
Ocmulgee, do you have a website were I can get more info?  If so PM it to me.  Thanks, Justin

SW Utah