Linked Events

• MoJam: July 20, 2007
  • MoJam: July 21, 2007
  • MoJam: July 22, 2007

Author Topic: Mojam-Who's comin  (Read 33866 times)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: Mojam-Who's comin
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 12:11:50 pm »
Glad ya got home safe Sean.....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 06:52:40 pm »
Had a blast this year, got to hook up with several PA people.  Got one bow blank pretty much tillered, and a yew stave worked into a nice blank.  Scored a couple of really cool things at the auction.  The whole family had a great time.

Brian that bow of yours has excellent cast, I got down to see you shoot in the clout shoot finals and I was very impressed.  Seems that knotty osage from young trees might be magic just like Timo says.

Ron thanks again for the supplies, especially the obsidian.  I'm going to cut my knapping teeth (and probably several fingers) on that.  Let me know what I can send in trade.  Oh and PM me your address, the wife wants to correspond with your wife.

Sal thanks again for the yucca and black boo.

Sean did you end up cutting the dogleg off that stave?  Or are you still mulling that one over?  it was nice talking to you and getting your tillering advice on my bow.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 08:48:48 pm »
Any pics?  Anyone? I know Koan said his camera was on the blink. 
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007, 09:01:17 pm »
Lennie, ended up 4th place..that was pretty cool, never done that before..got a new hanson scale and a way cool T-shirt. Sent Sean home  with that short hickory stave so I'm sure will see it again soon.....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2007, 09:06:00 pm »
Ohya, I finally learned how to make a flemish string...WOOHOO!!! But they are still not as nice as Pats :-\.....Brian

Offline gifford

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2007, 09:55:53 pm »
Tom - glad you decided to head on the hill, made it easier to make it your camp this year. Really enjoyed watching yourgirl fling the atl-atl. Sal's yucca quivers were sure a hit again. Quite a few of us have 'em now. A second strap to center hang the quiver is just the ticket for me. Hope to seeya again next year. G

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 11:09:37 pm »
Gifford it was good to see you again too, I always enjoy recognizing familiar faces.  How many MOJAMs have you been to?  I think this was my 7th and I seem to recall seeing you at most of them.

The kids did just about wear out the atlatls.  Amelia let quite a few people use it.  Duane Spangler gave her a different kind of atl, another gave her some more darts and Ralph Renfro gave her some cane that I will turn into yet more darts.

I think I might have a very few pics, let me see what I have.

Brian, you got some sweet loot for your award.  Amelia got 10th and she got a very nice bow sock and a cool t-shirt.  Unfortunately for her, the t-shirt was a large.  Just my size.  And yet she is making me pay retail, can you believe it?!
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2007, 11:33:41 pm »
Here's just a couple of photos, seems momma took mostly kids pics.  Go figure.

http://groups.msn.com/LenniesBowPage/2007mojamkidsshoot.msnw?Page=1
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline gifford

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2007, 12:58:38 am »
Lennie - I've been very fortunate, I've been able to make all of them. Drove up for the first one to check it out - wow - been coming back ever since. There isn't any other place like it that I've found. We'll have to shoot a round next year. Congrats on your writing, keep it coming, we all enjoy it.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2007, 02:25:06 am »
Lennie, those were nice pics but come on guys, we need more pics! >:( ;D   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2007, 12:46:13 am »
Yep Brian, I've already started working that stave down, I think I can get a kid's bow from the belly split I took off, and I'm planing on a Creek replica bow and a few arrows, do you have the bowyer's bibles? Look in volume two page 53.

Lennie, tilleirng advice? All I did was point out the growth rings on the stave..... :)   But no, I guess I'm still 'examining' it, as I have been for a month.  :D

Gifford, thanks again for the hat, I've been needing one.

Here are a few pictures.

First is Fred Kasch in is 'gentleman' shirt.  ;D

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/Thebowguy/01_1.jpg

Next is Aaron (if that's how his name is spelled), working on his first bow.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/Thebowguy/35_35.jpg

Here's me whittleing away on my Osage pony bow with my broken drawknife.  ;D  Those looking on from left to right are Nathan and Will, fun guys to spend time with.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/Thebowguy/36_36.jpg

Lastly just 'hanging', I'm holding my tillered pony bow, it shot very well. The string is a sinew string I twisted that day (it wasn't dry yet).

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/Thebowguy/02_2.jpg

Sean

Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

bowdog62010

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2007, 08:02:40 pm »
Sounds like interesting happenings...Where is it held? I live in Illinois and might be able to make it in 08...

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2007, 10:15:25 pm »
Bowdog, it's held in a small town called Marshall, Missouri. You can find info here. http://www.earlsworld.com/bowyers.html   You'll have a great time, make it if you can!
       Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

bowdog62010

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2007, 08:18:53 am »
Thanks I bookmarked it. Looks like a blast...