Author Topic: PRIMITIVE GLOVE/TAB  (Read 28472 times)

~JM~

Re: PRIMITIVE GLOVE/TAB
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 12:47:42 am »
Didn't they pinch the arrow?

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 01:03:03 am »
            Yup, most pinched arrow.We call it a secondary release, also called a Sioux release. Arrow nock is gripped between top of forefinger and thumb. Bottom of forefinger and middle finger and ring finger is below an on string. No nock pinch an easier on fingers, big difference from med. 3 finger release. ;)..........bob
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 01:08:39 am by Kowechobe »

jamie

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007, 06:25:53 am »
bob id also say it has something to do with modern materials too. i can shoot without a tab with rawhide and vegetation type strings. can do it with dacron too but it chews up the fingers after a couple weeks

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 11:28:13 am »
                        I've used rawhide strings for what seems forever. Linen also. Agree with Jamie, they are a lot easier on fingers than dacron.......bob

Offline Kegan

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 05:54:08 pm »
Parachute cord is robbing your bows efficiency.    Justin

Naw, I just have to make better bows to make up for it ;D(that, and I don't have anyhting else!)!

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2007, 06:15:20 pm »
Parachute cord is robbing your bows efficiency.    Justin

Naw, I just have to make better bows to make up for it ;D(that, and I don't have anyhting else!)!
Making a better bow so it can shoot like an average one.  OUCH Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 06:17:13 pm »
Bob, I have been thinking about a double serving of linen, just big enough to fit my fingers.  What do you think.  (Lilly) Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 06:54:47 pm »
                     Will add a little more weight to string. Rawhide is slower and lets down some when wet, so what ? Don't see why it wont work if in fact you are not a speed freak" Lily". How the he## did ya end up with "Lily Pulitzer" ? :o ;D ;D...bob
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 06:57:15 pm by Kowechobe »

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 06:59:00 pm »
               Oh yeah, just remembered, double served linen once, was fine. Dont use serving on my strings any more ;D.......bob

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 09:54:03 pm »
That is Sarahanne thinking she is funny.  I just left it because she thought it would bother me, and it really make no difference to me.   ;D Justin

SW Utah