Author Topic: Finished making my first quiver  (Read 5568 times)

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
Finished making my first quiver
« on: April 10, 2011, 05:00:27 am »
Hey guys.  Tonight I pretty much finished up a quiver I'm making for a friend.  It's kind of like the silent stalker type.  It's my first quiver, and is nothing fancy, but I think the harness is kinda different.  He wanted a back quiver, but I think a side quiver is nice for target shooting, because I hate reaching behind my head.  So I figured maybe once he tried it on the side, he might like it that way too.  It took some brainstorming to figure out how to make it easily convert from one to the other.  I like the 3-way harness when wearing it on my back, because it really keeps it in place and stops it from bouncing around.  It also helps hold it up where I want it, so I don't have to "bump" the bottom every time I grab for an arrow.  To switch it to a side quiver, I just remove the short piece with the trigger snap, and run the other strap through it.  Hopefully the pictures below will help show what I mean.

I don't know if this is an original idea or not, because I haven't seen many quivers, but it seems to work pretty good this way.  I also added a bit of sheepskin (only shown in one picture) to the top to keep the arrows from making a bunch of noise.

These pictures show it as a side quiver (sorry I couldn't find a better looking model at this late hour):

And here's a few of it as a back quiver:

And this hopefully shows how it's switched:

Thanks for looking.

Offline cracker

Re: Finished making my first quiver
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 05:49:09 am »
Nice looking quiver I'd take it in the woods with me any time.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline half eye

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 10:48:30 am »
That quiver is plain NICE....really like your strap adjustment set-up....probably gonna have to steal that idea. Well done. I'm with Cracker....
rich

Offline aero86

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 12:31:08 pm »
looks better than the stuff i cobble together!  lol  good job!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 01:23:02 pm »
Thanks guys.  Rich, you can steal away :)

I picked up a side of latigo from Tandy, so I'll be making another one (hopefully nicer, and a little less flimsy) shortly.

Offline Mrs. Hillbilly

• I like broccoli
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 02:30:23 pm »
I like the look, very nice. How would a woman put it on?  ;D No I am kidding, very nice work, cross your heart. :)

Great Job! Keep up the good work!!

Tina
What can I say - I'm a female?  That says it all.

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 05:27:48 pm »
that is my favorite style of quiver. love the convertable to back quiver aspect to it. sweet job man. I agree the side quiver is the way to go with target shooting IMO.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline DEllis

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 07:20:02 pm »
Nice quiver, I have been thinking of that style for a while now. I am still kinda attached to my backquiver, but it will not work in all situations.......good to have a plan B sometimes. ;D
Darcy :)
Darcy Ellis
Fort Fraser BC Canada eh!