Author Topic: Couple More Videos  (Read 1040 times)

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline JEB

Re: Couple More Videos
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 10:12:23 am »
Patrick, wife and I spent the month of march in Texas. I ran into a flintkapper that had a collcetion of heads much like you show in your video.  He stopped by the RV parkand showed me complete points, knives and spear heads that were cracker thin.  I to am amazed at the talent that lived on the desert a few hundred years ago.  thanks for showing your finds.

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 12:07:54 pm »
JEB, back in the day, Texas was MUCH wetter.  Here in Midland, it's a dustbowl now but it wasn't always that way.  When those points were made, buffalo by the hundreds of thousands grazed the grasslands that existed in West, Central, and South Texas.  The rivers were large and wide and people traveled, hunted, and traded along those rivers for hundreds of miles.  There are points by the thousands out here.  I'm lucky enough to be able to afford a few broken pieces... but they are still amazing.
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 03:42:38 pm »
Great videos once again really enjoy watching, those are some really nice points you made there! I also really look forward to the other types of videos you are talking about doing! I will be watching for them in the future.

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)