Author Topic: Latest Video  (Read 3935 times)

JustinNC

Re: Latest Video
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 04:05:22 pm »
 ;D

JustinNC

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 07:28:34 pm »
whats the difference in a cutbank and a cahokia? I've been calling a lot of those points you did in your first videos cahokias.......what are they?

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 08:22:37 pm »
If you find them out here in West Texas, they are called Washita points, as long as they don't have a notch in the middle of the base.  If they have this notch, they are called Harrels or Toyahs.  Harrels often have tiny serrations andToyahs will have very deep serrations.  The Harrels and the Washitas look exactly like Cahokia points, only smaller and more narrow.  I've made a few Cahokia points.  The rest are Harrels and Washitas.

I don't know what a "cutbank" is.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 08:30:36 pm by jackcrafty »
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

JustinNC

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 10:56:51 am »
If you find them out here in West Texas, they are called Washita points, as long as they don't have a notch in the middle of the base.  If they have this notch, they are called Harrels or Toyahs.  Harrels often have tiny serrations andToyahs will have very deep serrations.  The Harrels and the Washitas look exactly like Cahokia points, only smaller and more narrow.  I've made a few Cahokia points.  The rest are Harrels and Washitas.

I don't know what a "cutbank" is.

idk it was on arrowheadology. I need an Overstreet book.

Offline Newbow

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 03:45:52 pm »
Re Overstreet:  For identification purposes you don't need the newest edition.  Look for it in your local used book store.   The third edition, for instance, is available from Amazon right now for $6.43, and I think I paid $8.00 for a 5th edition in brand new condition.

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 11:36:11 pm »
Yep, older editions are good.  Even the newest edition doesn't have all the variants and types of points currently known.  The book does a good job of displaying most point types and their variations.
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr